I don't feel different

I posted the other day about needing help with my sugar dragon, since then I have added more fat to my diet so my cravings are much better.  I'm still forcing myself to eat at pretty much every meal (maybe my hunger signs still haven't reset) I also get pretty nauseous after forcing myself to eat.  Besides all that I don't feel any different, no change in moods really, no more energy, still chronic pain.  I don't get it.  I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if my timeline is just different.  Help? (disclaimer I've also had family stuff and some health issues happening)

My last few days of food - I haven't gone grocery shopping so it's a little wonky

Saturday and Sunday: 

Breakfast was 2 eggs with 1.5 c of cooked spinach with homemade mayo (I never finish)

Lunch - 1.5-2 cups of veggie soup (ground beef, sweet potatoes, celery, tomatoes)

Dinner - Saturday I had another serving of soup and Sunday was a burger with lettuce, tomato, bacon and avocado

Today - 

Breakfast was just 2 eggs with a little hot sauce (I woke up feeling queasy so I didn't want to waste the spinach I wouldn't finish.0 I actually finished this meal. 

Lunch is going to be a buffalo chicken salad with romaine, carrots, olives and cucumbers. 

Dinner will be a sweet potato, chicken and broccoli casserole. 

• Moderators

You are putting a heavy burden on yourself by expecting to feel different on day 7. I felt crappy until sometime around day 14. I didn't feel great on day 14, I just didn't feel crappy anymore. And my Whole30 was a tremendous success. Be patient.  Especially since you have family stuff and health issues. 

I know you are having a hard time eating, but I am worried you are not getting enough nourishment. On the other hand, what you are eating looks good. 

Thanks for the feedback! I've been trying to focus on veggies first then proteins when I'm eating to hopefully help that I'm not eating a ton.  I saw on another thread that someone suggested picking at each meal as you feel hungry, I might try that to see if I can finish a meal. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, genp717 said:

I saw on another thread that someone suggested picking at each meal as you feel hungry, I might try that to see if I can finish a meal. 

No. Nopity-nope-nope.  If that suggestion was from a forum member, please disregard. You may be misunderstanding a common recommendation from moderators for folks with missing appetites though.  The suggestion is that you plate up a template meal. Eat as much of it as you can from all the macros (protein, fat, veggies). Pack up what is left and eat it again as soon as you feel able. This does not mean to wait until you're hungry but until you can stomach eating again (if your issue is gagging/nausea etc).  This does not mean grazing from the meals all day.  The goal is to teach your body to eat an appropriate amount in one sitting. You will get there by actually increasing the amount you eat at each sitting in the method outlined above. You will not get there by grazing all day.

Archived