Help! I can't stop eating Larabars

Keesecker

I'm on day 9 of the Whole30, and I've had two Larabars(compliant Cherry Pie and Cashew Cookie) today to curb my sweet tooth.  Should I completely remove these yummy goto's out of my house. What other options do I have? I also have Justin's almond butter packets on hand. 

Larabars are for emergencies only - get rid of them!  Be sure to eat template meals - one to two palm sized portions of protein, 1 to 3 cups of veggies and one to two thumb sized portions of fat at each of your three meals.  Try to make your meals large enough to last you 4 to 5 hours until your next meal and try not to snack if you can help it.  Fat is your friend in controlling the sugar dragon - do not skimp!  I'd limit/avoid the nut butter too and use other fats until you get your sweet tooth under control.  

• Administrators

You should definitely not be using anything sweet to calm a sweet tooth. The only way to kill a sugar dragon and those cravings is to not eat sugary foods. Watch out on fruits (both dried and fresh) as well as nut butters and the hand-to-mouth action on loose nuts.

Make your meals last you 4-5 hours and if you have to snack between, have protein and fat or protein and veggies. 

Eating sweets doesn't curb the desire to eat sweets. ;)

On 8/23/2016 at 2:43 PM, Keesecker said:

I'm on day 9 of the Whole30, and I've had two Larabars(compliant Cherry Pie and Cashew Cookie) today to curb my sweet tooth.  Should I completely remove these yummy goto's out of my house. What other options do I have? I also have Justin's almond butter packets on hand. 

My sugar dragon is one nasty beeotch. I found during my last Whole30 (and about to start another) that herbal tea is helpful. Just be sure to check ingredients and make sure there's nothing funky in it. I usually buy loose leaf herbal tea from a vendor at my farmers' market because it's crazy clean. I was worried about even THAT feeding my sugar dragon, but a moderator back in the day told me it was okay. I just used it as something to get my mind off the sugar cravings, plus it was nice to sip on a hot beverage after a filling meal. Going for a walk and having a glass of water after lunch (weather permitting) is helpful as well. 

I'm glad I read this thread, I'm on day 3 and have had 3 Larabars now I know NOT to buy those again, and I thank you all for the input.  I'm new here and finding this to be very helpful!  I think I'm having withdrawls from the junk that I've been used to putting in my mouth and am looking forward to this new journey.  It's nice to know there are such helpful people in here to advise us "newbies".  I was going to make my own almond butter but I'm not even sure that's a good idea now.  I have to control the "sugar Beast"!! :D

1 minute ago, PatriciaNY said:

I'm glad I read this thread, I'm on day 3 and have had 3 Larabars now I know NOT to buy those again, and I thank you all for the input.  I'm new here and finding this to be very helpful!  I think I'm having withdrawls from the junk that I've been used to putting in my mouth and am looking forward to this new journey.  It's nice to know there are such helpful people in here to advise us "newbies".  I was going to make my own almond butter but I'm not even sure that's a good idea now.  I have to control the "sugar Beast"!! :D

I think mine is a Sugar Tiger. That a$$h**e has 9 lives! Probably more! 

Archived