Can I have water with honey and lemon

Laur30

I apologize if this is a silly question. I know that honey is off limits on the whole 30. That being said, I used to drink warm water with raw local honey and lemon to help with my seasonal allergies and for general health. Is this something that I could incorporate? It's not really sweet and it's not anything that ignites my sugar dragon. Thanks for your help! 

Ask your local honey supplier if they supplement their bees' food with other sugars. Due to honey bee colony problems in many areas, beekeepers use items like crushed hard candies to feed their bees.  It keeps the honey going but there is little immune power when all of the bee food boosting is done.  It's little more than regular sugar. They may not tell you that but it's worth asking.

There are a few places left in this world that do not have to feed their bees, there's plenty of pollen from actual plants.   

1 hour ago, MeadowLily said:

Ask your local honey supplier if they supplement their bees' food with other sugars. Due to honey bee colony problems in many areas, beekeepers use items like crushed hard candies to feed their bees.  It keeps the honey going but there is little immune power when all of the bee food boosting is done.  It's little more than regular sugar. They may not tell you that but it's worth asking.

There are a few places left in this world that do not have to feed their bees, there's plenty of pollen from actual plants.   

I had NO idea.  

Some beekeepers prefer a ratio of one part of sugar to one part of water, measured by weight (known as 1:1). Others prefer a dense syrup of two parts of sugar to one part of water (known as 2:1). Generally, 1:1 syrup is used to supplement honey stores, stimulate colonies to rear brood and encourage drawing of comb foundation particularly in spring. The stronger syrup is used to provide food when honey stores in the hive are low. Measuring the sugar and water by weight or volume is alright because there is no need to be 100% exact about the sugar concentration.

http://agriculture.vic.gov.au/agriculture/livestock/honey-bees/compliance-and-management/feeding-honey-bee-colonies-to-prevent-starvation

If the bees are starving, there's not alot of nutrition there. It's imaginary.

http://beekeepinglikeagirl.com/should-i-feed-my-bees/

Archived