Arthritis relief (on day 12). Is it a coincidence?

I'll try to keep this concise.

I suffered a spiral fracture to my left humerus in late 2006. Thanks to a plate, 9 screws, and 9 months of physical therapy, my arm works pretty well. Except for the pain in my left elbow. My Dr. said I would have arthritis for the rest of my life. When I started doing some CrossFit in 2008, I found that ring dips and bench press (not a CF staple, but we do it) caused me a great deal of discomfort. Pre-Whole30, the ring dips were weird. Sometimes I could jump up and knock out 5-7 no problem. Other times, I could barely hold myself up on the rings due to the pain, and couldn't even do one. If I know they're gonna be in a WOD, I'll take ibuprofen to dull it.

Yesterday was our 12th day on the program and I had ZERO pain in doing a couple of sets of 4. That has never happened. I hope this is a result of the reduced inflammation. This sounds a lot like the experience Dallas Hartwig had with his shoulder, no? :-)

I have anklyosing spondylitis, (arthritis in the spin) and i find when i'm whole30 compliant i live pain free, and am able to run, jump and do whatever i want. But when i'm not compliant, and eating somwehat "bad" (usually overloaded on starch, and sugar) the pain is unbearable.

I was traveling around europe recently and the pain was that bad i could barely walk. I"ve been home 3 weeks now, and i'm almost pain free. Its amazing what eating right can do for you ;)

Archived