Cooking fish without oil

Thessidew

I had undergone a food sensitivity testing in Toronto and I have found that I am allergic to oil. My doctor advised me to stay away from oil. But cooking without oil is quite difficult. I found an article which explains the method of cooking fish without oil.

http://www.pinewoodhealth.ca/blog/general-category/cooking-fish-without-oi/

Hope this would help someone who is allergic to oil.

5 minutes ago, Crastney said:

fish wrapped in foil baked in the oven doesn't need oil - some lemon juice, maybe some herbs/spices, chillis? - you could add something like 1/2 tsp cider vinegar to give a bit of moisture maybe? although not really needed.

That's fine for fish, but you need some kind of fat for cooking meat which was more my point.... ;)

Duck doesn't need extra fat, neither do certain joints.  W30 without oil might be a tad more difficult, but certainly possible.  How about avocados and olives, and their associated oils - is she allergic to those?  is it maybe corn oils, or seed oils that she's actually allergic to?  more info needed.

• Moderators

Food sensitivity testing conducted in doctor's offices is notoriously unreliable - false positives and false negatives. I'm just saying.

There is a reason the Whole30 asks you to eliminate the typical trouble makers for 30 days and then to reintroduce under controlled conditions. Elimination and then testing is the reliable way to figure out food sensitivity issues. 

• 1 month later...

Sometimes when I'm out of the oils I like to use, I just start with crushed tomato in the bottom of the pan and add my veggies and proteins to there. If the veggies I start with are watery and release a bit of moisture while cooking, it can really help the proteins not stick. I also use low heat when I'm doing this to avoid scorching the food.

Archived