standing in a concert queue for hours on Day 15, help!

JoyByName

I'm taking 7 teens to a concert on Saturday and they're planning on arriving early to get a good space in the venue, which means about 6 hours of queuing outside in the cold.  I need to take at least 2 meals, i think i can take a thermos into the venue. i'll also need to take all drinks and any snacks, otherwise it's starve or there are some food stalls inside when the doors open in the evening.

Any ideas or suggestions welcomed.

So 6 hours in line and then how long is the concert? What day of W30 will you be on?

I'd search the forum for topics like "hiking", "backpacking", etc.  You have a bit of a bonus in that you're standing out in the cold, so refrigeration isn't an issue like it is for some.

Salmon cakes, meatballs or scotch eggs, hardboiled eggs ... if you can take a thermos then soup could be good esp if it's really cold outside.

managed it fine in the end, took frittata and salad, and a protein bar and some fruit just in case.  Managed to find some soup at a nearby cafe.  No thermos as items like that were confiscated.  Was a long cold day but no rain and the girls all ended up at the front of the stage so all good! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 9:43 AM, JoyByName said:

managed it fine in the end, took frittata and salad, and a protein bar and some fruit just in case.  Managed to find some soup at a nearby cafe.  No thermos as items like that were confiscated.  Was a long cold day but no rain and the girls all ended up at the front of the stage so all good! 

I've been wondering, what line-holders do for a rest stop.  Do others get mad if you make a run for it and have someone hold your place or how does that work.  Do you find a nearby gas station, cafe...and do those folks get miffed with everyone coming in. How in the world do you stand in line for an entire day?

There was 8 girls so they headed off into a nearby cafe in pairs or used a porter loo put on by the venue, which got progressing more disgusting as the day wore on.  They amused themselves sitting on the pavement, doing each others make up and hair and chatting away.  I amused myself sitting in the nearby cafe and reading and knitting, win win i'd say!

Archived