Starting Today!!!

CarolineatMyCasaCaoba

On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 1:19 PM, CarolineatMyCasaCaoba said:

Ok, I've done the whole30 once before, about 4 years ago (wow, it's been a while).

I'm ready to start again.  I'm ready to feel that energetic glow, both in and out!  I just bought a ton of sweet potatoes, and I'm roasting them right now.  I can do this!  Posting here in the forum to keep me accountable!

This is my first whole 30. I am also on day 2. I am happy there are more than two of us for the holidays:) 

I am excited to get through my last week 

I actually intend on keeping this lifestyle for 18 mths.  I have done a lot of damage in the past to this body and I really want to see myself achieve all my goals. Sugar messes with my mind.

Sweet potatoes...hmmm I have mixed emotions about adding potatoes to my diet. I feel they will trigger my body to have more sugar. 

1 hour ago, I am disciplined and empowered said:

Sweet potatoes...hmmm I have mixed emotions about adding potatoes to my diet. I feel they will trigger my body to have more sugar. 

Hi Disciplined and Empowered, yeah I guess to each their own.  For me, it's hard for me to go low-carb, especially at first.  Eating plenty of potatoes and sweet potatoes helps me stay on track.  

I eat at least 1/2 of a sweet potato every day.  Remember your body (& brain!!) needs good carbs.  They are packed with vitamins and nutrients.  I try to tell myself to not feel 'guilty' for eating sweet potatoes or bananas...they are truly good for your body...and at least a ton better than the cookies and ice cream I used to binge on ;-)  You may want to included them in a meal, but also have plenty of protein, veggies and non-sweet tasting food to fill you up.  

Good luck!  Day 4!

Thank you ...yah Day 4! I had a terrible sleep last night. I got up and stretched as my body felt so aches and uncomfortable.

I started off the morning with a little bit of grass fed pork and apples and then had a coffee with cacao mmmm

After that I enjoyed a bowl of oat less oatmeal. Filled with coconut, seeds, and I took a date and ripped it up as well as berries, hemp hearts and apple and then hot water and cinnamon. Again... a little uncomfortable with using a date but it tasted great and knowing this is a lifestyle change I am getting more accustomed to the idea of potatoes, banana and dates... thanks for.that 

56 minutes ago, I am disciplined and empowered said:

Thank you ...yah Day 4! I had a terrible sleep last night. I got up and stretched as my body felt so aches and uncomfortable.

I started off the morning with a little bit of grass fed pork and apples and then had a coffee with cacao mmmm

After that I enjoyed a bowl of oat less oatmeal. Filled with coconut, seeds, and I took a date and ripped it up as well as berries, hemp hearts and apple and then hot water and cinnamon. Again... a little uncomfortable with using a date but it tasted great and knowing this is a lifestyle change I am getting more accustomed to the idea of potatoes, banana and dates... thanks for.that 

So sorry you had a rough night. Careful with the un-cereal. Most of the cereal replacement recipes out there are not Whole 30 compliant. The reading materials in this website actually have it listed somewhere, I think.

Here is a link for eggless breakfasts or paleo cereal alternatives that you might like. Just click on the links below for other ideas.

http://whole30.com/2016/01/best-of-whole30-recipes-egg-less-breakfasts/

What should I eat for breakfast for Whole30? - Whole30 Meal ...

forum.whole30.com/.../17162-what-should-i-eat-for-breakfast-for-whole...

Breakfast suggestions, please - Whole30 Meal Planning - Whole30

forum.whole30.com/topic/16682-breakfast-suggestions-please/

1 hour ago, I am disciplined and empowered said:

Day 4 y'all!!!  Feeling great!  Well mentally.  Physically I actually feel awful.  Not sure if it's a low-carb flu or if I'm actually getting sick.  Not too worried it'll pass, and I'm way excited to feel great around Day 21!

One week tomorrow! 

Wow ee! 

Well I got my moon cycle yesterday And the back pain kicked in....wine? Pot? Sugar? 

No!!!!!!! 

I haven't caved in but man is it tough noodle cakes with no smoke for me. I had no idea how much I used that as a crutch...I look forward to not wanting these poisons...that does happen right? 

Whats your crutch now? 

I'm coming to the forum...

Hi everyone, day one for me!! I was a bit hesitant to start before the holidays but thought of how much progress I could make over these next ten days instead of starting Jan 1 and having to make up for all that holiday damage! My birthday is January 22nd and I just keep thinking about how good (and proud) I will feel once I make it all the way through! How is everyone feeling this morning?

PS. This is my first Whole30!

Hi everyone!  I'm on Day EIGHT!  Feeling good.  Saturday and Sunday I had parties.  In hindsight, I should have pre-cooked more food to come home to.  I was soooo hungry at Sunday's party because the only thing I could eat was fruit.  So as we go into the holidays, remember to eat a FULL meal before going and have a full meal waiting for you!  

Haven't felt the amazing energy I felt from my first whole30 (but that kicked in on day 20ish).  Looking forward to it, and feeling impatient.

22 hours ago, I am disciplined and empowered said:

One week tomorrow! 

Wow ee! 

Well I got my moon cycle yesterday And the back pain kicked in....wine? Pot? Sugar? 

No!!!!!!! 

I haven't caved in but man is it tough noodle cakes with no smoke for me. I had no idea how much I used that as a crutch...I look forward to not wanting these poisons...that does happen right? 

Whats your crutch now? 

I'm coming to the forum...

I've been taking alleve and tylenol for my headaches that were either low-carb flu or a precursor to getting sick.  Medicine is ok, right?!

Kudos to you for being strong!

10 hours ago, Nikki_Lang said:

Hi everyone, day one for me!! I was a bit hesitant to start before the holidays but thought of how much progress I could make over these next ten days instead of starting Jan 1 and having to make up for all that holiday damage! My birthday is January 22nd and I just keep thinking about how good (and proud) I will feel once I make it all the way through! How is everyone feeling this morning?

PS. This is my first Whole30!

Yeah, that was my thought too.  Why pound all that bad food and damage my body?  Good luck!!  Keep us posted!

Archived