Day 26 crazy poops-tmi I know

Rjcarls

I am on day 26, my poop for the first two weeks was slightly softer but what I would consider totally normal. For the past week and a half either I don't go at all or I poop soft serve 4 times a day, usually right after eating. Has this happened to anyone else? Did anyone find a solution?

• Moderators

You can google Whole30 diarrhea, or whole30 constipation, or even just whole30 poop, and find past discussions on this.

Are you drinking enough water? Aim for 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120 lb person would need at least 60 oz of water.

Are you eating plenty of vegetables (here's the meal template if you're not sure how much you should be eating)?

Are you including fats in each meal, keeping in mind that often the fat you cook in stays in the pan and isn't consumed, so it's usually best to include another source as well?

Sometimes people do find that there are certain foods that are Whole30 compliant, that just don't agree with them and can cause digestive issues, so if everything else is on track, maybe there's something you're eating, maybe some type of vegetable or some spices or something that aren't working for you. If you think that might be the case, definitely keep a food log and try to note what issues you're having and see if there's a pattern. If you want to list a couple of days' worth of typical meals, including specific vegetables and approximate portion sizes, we could look and see if there's anything that stands out that might be the likely culprit.

I'm doing my best to stay balanced. Breakfast is usually either eggs or an apple. Sometimes with coffee sometimes without. Lunch is usually a salad with tomatoes, hard boiled egg, some kind of meat, peppers and sunflower seeds. Dinner is a meat with a vegetable of some sort. Maybe I do need to up my veggies. I've noticed I eat a lot less eating the whole 30. 

I may need to start the food journal. Or eat more fats. Although I thought I was doing ok on that front.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2016 at 6:42 AM, Rjcarls said:

I'm doing my best to stay balanced. Breakfast is usually either eggs or an apple. Sometimes with coffee sometimes without. Lunch is usually a salad with tomatoes, hard boiled egg, some kind of meat, peppers and sunflower seeds. Dinner is a meat with a vegetable of some sort. Maybe I do need to up my veggies. I've noticed I eat a lot less eating the whole 30. 

I may need to start the food journal. Or eat more fats. Although I thought I was doing ok on that front.

Your breakfast is not really W30. You need to come a bit closer to the meal template.

• 4 months later...

OMG! I thought it was just me! Today is day 3 and i have been taking the largest poops known to womankind, i think the changes in our poops come from all the fiber clearing out the stuck on stuff in our digestive tract. I hope that as time goes on it normalizes but for right now we are "Spring cleaning" our colons.

@Healthygal69 I lived my entire life constipated and discovered in my 20s that there was a simple solution...Senna tablets!  My experience was identical to yours now.  I then spent the next nearly 40 years taking them or Cascara Sagrada almost daily.  The fact is, as much as I tried to live without these supplements, I could not.  I admit I became obsessed and wanted to be sure I did a 'cleanse' every now and then, maybe twice a year, because I had a consistent diagnosis of fatty liver, which I didn't like.  Medically, people who suffer chronic constipation develop a stretched colon, or 'mega colon'.  We will always have large stools.  It turns out that this too was a food allergy, discovered and cured by the Whole30.  I go regularly every day and usually right away upon wakening.  According to Karen Kingsley, author of Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui, it is normal and healthy to have a bowel movement within 30 minutes or so of every meal!  For this reason I worry no more and now look forward to becoming my ultimate healthy best as a result of the Whole30, which I intend to adopt as a (rest of ) lifelong eating habit.  Best wishes, Jane3797

Archived