Commiting to a December 26th Start Date

jenrunsaustin

Not sure if our thread is still alive, but for my own sense of completion... I have finished my Whole30. It was a good experience but not a miracle. I felt like I tried really hard and that it wasn't that much fun but was worthwhile. The last week was the hardest as I got really tired of it and wanted to quit. I never got "tiger blood" or any incredibly noticeable changes in my health etc, but I did feel really good about not craving sugar/processed foods and about the good things I was doing for myself especially for eating so many vegetables. I had a sense of control, not in a manner of one who is restricting, just more of a peaceful feeling around food and making choices more based on putting healthy options together. I likened it to the feeling of feeding my children when they were little- I delighted in putting healthy, beautiful little meals in front of them because I knew it was so good for them and I kind of had that same feeling toward myself doing this. I lost 9 pounds, which is nice, but I have another 16 to go. I'm not going to do a big reintroduction right now; I'm going to take this weekend off in order to celebrate my kids' birthdays with them, and just to give myself a mental break. Then I plan to start again on Monday and go for another 30. I hope you all enjoyed your experience (if anyone reads this) and wish you the best in the future! 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived