If After Reintroducing Everything is Fine...Now What?

mkukiela

I am on day 23, and planning for my reintro as well as considering life after the plan.  What happens if I reintroduce each food group separately as the plan calls for and I see no appreciable adverse reactions?  

Should I then focus on keeping as many added sugars as possible out of my daily eating; eat from the other food groups as I please still focusing on satiety at each meal?

What is the long-term goal of folks that have completed the first Whole30 and find no adverse reactions from the foods they eliminated?

Is it possible, some folks primary challenge was too much added sugar in their daily intake?

Any helpful advice or experiences would be appreciated.

After my first whole 30 I properly reintroduced all the foods and found none 'bothered' me. But over time I realized that it wasn't true. I was fine to eat beans once in a while, but if I made a big pot of chili and ate it several days in a row then I would have horrible stomach pains. I found rice spiked my blood sugar and made me feel dizzy and sick, sugar hurt my joints, and gluten was just plain addictive. Eating any of these foods for just one day were fine on their own, but adding them back into my regular diet was problematic. The only one that didn't seem to bother me was dairy, but I only like dairy when it's mixed with gluten (pizza!) which is very addictive for me. I was putting regular milk in my coffee for a while but now I'm just using almond milk because it tastes just as good to me and my husband drinks it so it's always on hand.

24 minutes ago, mkukiela said:

I am on day 23, and planning for my reintro as well as considering life after the plan.  What happens if I reintroduce each food group separately as the plan calls for and I see no appreciable adverse reactions?  

Should I then focus on keeping as many added sugars as possible out of my daily eating; eat from the other food groups as I please still focusing on satiety at each meal?

What is the long-term goal of folks that have completed the first Whole30 and find no adverse reactions from the foods they eliminated?

Is it possible, some folks primary challenge was too much added sugar in their daily intake?

Any helpful advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Your long term goal is to design a way of eating that works for you--physically, nutritionally, emotionally, physically.  This is "riding your own bike" or food freedom and it will look different for each individual and you will keep adjusting it as your needs change. It's an experiment of one and the litmus test will always be how you feel and what your goals are  

'You could read Tom Denham's posts for his approach or look at Whole30 reintro logs for moderators and other long timers such as @MeadowLily to see where they wound up after Whole30. . 

Archived