Sick, bummed, considering a whole 45(?)

Beth ann e

I'm on day 23, but I have been sick with a cold since day 19. I feel sad that I have lost the last 4 days of feeling great due to this sickness.  I still feel more consistent energy levels throughout the day but they get really drained by this sickness.  I feel jipped!  I want to keep going and do a whole45 since I missed out on the tiger blood for so much of The Whole30.  Besides, I'm getting much better at "doing" The Whole30.  Any thoughts? Is it harder to reintroduce after 45 days? Is it harder psychologically with all the planning and cooking?  I don't have a calendar of what to expect for those days.

I am thinking of doing the same.  I haven't been sick - poor you.  I am just starting to feel good, well actually, great! We have a trip to California planned right after 30 days and i don't want to stop W30 until after the trip.  I am interested to hear what replies you get.  Thanks for bringing this up.

I'm thinking about it as well. I'm on day 24 and I still don't feel Tiger Blood racing through my veins. And, I've been tired again and fighting a cold for the past couple of days.

The great news is I'm sleeping better than I ever remember :D

I am reading Food Freedom Forever and it really takes a good 10 or more days to reintroduce so that is close to 45.

I think the re-intro part is important, as this is my first full on Whole 30. I have an idea of which foods bug me, but don't know for certain.

Let me know how you guys do @colleen lowe and @Beth ann e

14 hours ago, Beth ann e said:

I'm on day 23, but I have been sick with a cold since day 19. I feel sad that I have lost the last 4 days of feeling great due to this sickness.  I still feel more consistent energy levels throughout the day but they get really drained by this sickness.  I feel jipped!  I want to keep going and do a whole45 since I missed out on the tiger blood for so much of The Whole30.  Besides, I'm getting much better at "doing" The Whole30.  Any thoughts? Is it harder to reintroduce after 45 days? Is it harder psychologically with all the planning and cooking?  I don't have a calendar of what to expect for those days.

I'd definitely hold off on doing reintroductions until you're feeling better. Some people with pre-existing medical conditions also feel the need to extend a little as they don't see/feel progress until the latter stages. Please DO carry out the reintroductions though at some point - just one off plan food & that clean slate is gone, and your opportunity to figure out which foods do & don't work for you is gone with it...

@colleen lowe- if you think you can navigate a trip whilst staying compliant & still enjoy said trip then all credit to you, but many people find it much harder to stay compliant when away from the safety net of their home. And like I said above, one bite is all it takes.

Thanks that sounds great.  I thought the same thing about not wanting to eat something that could make me feel bad when I already feel bad.  Lose-lose.  I'm amazed at how asleep my sugar dragons are!  They've completely given up for now!  I've never experienced this in my life!  It takes much less self-control to eat right than I ever thought possible! Mind- blowing!

Archived