Sample Day of Eating

I know its all out there but you guys were SO amazingly helpful yesterday that I thought I would ask if anyone would be so kind as to tell me a typical day of eating and what time you eat at ?  I was not doing it "right" as in not following the meal template for 2 weeks so today was day one again and want to make sure I am doing it bang on this time!!!!

Thank you so much

A typical day for me is this:

M1 3 eggs scrambled in about a Tbsp of ghee, 2 pc sugar free bacon, a cup of roasted turnips sauteed in coconut oil

M2 - really big salad made with at least 4 cups of kale mix (kale, cabbage, chicory, brussels sprouts), 1/4 cup each carrots, peppers, cucumber, roasted beets, half an avocado, 2 roasted chicken thighs dressed w avocado oil and balsamic

M3 palm sized portion of paleo meatloaf, 1 to 2 cups of veggies (roasted brussels sprouts, broccoli, green beans) topped w ghee, about 1/3 cup of baked sweet potato w coconut oil or ghee

M1 is at 6:30 or 7, M2 sometime between 12 and 1 and M3 is usually between 5 and 6.  I do occasionally add a piece of fruit.  Clementines are in season, and I have a couple of those w M3 a few times a week.  I avoid nuts unless they are in a food - like coconut almond cauliflower rice.  Nuts are a trigger food for me- I have no self control :)  So usually 5, sometimes 6 hours between meals.  I try to eat enough so that I start to get hungry around 4 hours and I'm really ready to eat at 5 hours.  If I have to go to 6, it's not a big deal for me.  I don't snack.

If you browse through the Whole30 logs, including the moderator comments, you'll see a real range of approaches, some closer to the recommendation than others.

I follow the meal template. I eat on the high end at times--2 palms of protein, extra fat--depending on my hunger and activity level. 

I rarely eat raw vegetables, as I prefer cooked and I eat a LOT of vegetables.  I have fruit almost everyday, with Meal 1 or 2.

i rarely eat nuts and don't eat nut butters.

Most days, I have M1 at 7:30 or so, M2 at 1:30, M3 at 6:30. 

I never eat after 8 PM and I don't snack. 

21 minutes ago, rioannidis71 said:

Hi Art

Sorry for all the questions but I do thank you so much for all your help. Where would I get the logs?

Ask away! We all want to help.

Go to the Your Whole 30 Log section of these forums. You can read other logs and also start your own if you wish. The logs aren't moderated but you can always ask for a mod to comment on your meals.

http://forum.whole30.com/forum/24-your-whole30-log/

Typical for me - 

M1: 3 eggs and either 2-3 veggie fritters (made with some grated veggie, an egg and coconut flakes to bind) and a half of friend plaintain or 2 cups of brussel sprout ceasar salad (homemade dressing, THE BEST) or a mix of all of that, handful of blackberries, black coffee

M2: (this is the hardest for me since I don't have an actual lunch break at work): 1 protein item from dinner leftovers (often it's salmon cakes or grilled sausage or chicken thighs), 2 "salads" usually 1-1.5 cups each that I prepped sometime during the week (so I make a shredding carrot salad, or beet/tahini salad, or more brussel sprout with ceasar dressing, or sauteed veggies from leftovers), spoonful of nut butter with shredded coconut or half an avocado.

M3: brisket or salmon cakes or chicken thighs or pork chops (sometimes soup instead) whatever protein we're in the mood for with 1-1.5 cups of one of the salads I mentioned and then another cup or two of roasted veggie (cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potatoes, squash, etc) and usually some mayo with spices added for me. if my veg wasn't a starch i might fry up some plantain and eat it with "guacamole" instead of the mayo. if I'm feeling the need for it, some berries with the meal.

Archived