Is there a way to sweeten coffee?

This is my 4th morning on whole 30 and my 4th morning without coffee.  I have used sugar in my coffee until starting whole 30, but yesterday I needed my caffeine fix so I had tea.  I had tea again this morning but I'm not a big fan.  I cannot enjoy black coffee so tea is a better option.   Is it at all possible to sweeten a coffee without sugar while on whole 30?

thank you 

I feel you--I'm an avid coffee drinker and used french vanilla creamer before Whole30 (only on week 1 but week 2 without creamer). Disclaimer:  I'm not sure how far this crosses the SWYPO threshold.

First, throw that "I cannot enjoy black coffee" mindset off a cliff. Think hard about why you're really drinking coffee and how much that first drink sets the tone for the rest of your day (your body craving more sugar, etc.). I'm not saying that black coffee is the only way to go on Whole30 but once I got rid of that mindset, I was able to embrace alternative ways of enjoying my coffee, and I'm still experimenting. Your mind is such a powerful tool!

I started with almond milk but that didn't help much (& not all brands of unsweetened almond milk are compliant). Lately I've been using Thai Kitchen canned coconut milk (Kroger) with cinnamon and it is definitely better. I also want to test using actual vanilla beans to flavor the coconut milk. I've heard of people making Whole30 Bulletproof Coffee (http://www.thekitcheneer.com/2015/11/08/whole30-bulletproof-coffee/) so that's also on my list.

I found that cold brew coffee was much preferable for me because it isn't bitter. I was always the type to have a little coffee with my sugar and cream, but can actually drink black cold brew coffee (my grocery store sells it in the refrigerated section and some coffee places have it now). When brewing a pot at home, I use Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It is less bitter than some of the other unsweetened almond milk I've had, and I like the little bit of vanilla (ingredients: Almondmilk (Filtered Water, Almonds), Contains 2% or less of: Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2), Sea Salt, Natural Flavor, Sunflower Lecithin, Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum).  

I also like coconut milk in my coffee and have used Thai Kitchen coconut milk or coconut cream, both of which are a bit sweeter as long as you don't mind the coconut flavor. 

Archived