Once A Month Cooking (OAMC)

Quint

You'd have to have a HUMONGOUS freezer and  SO MANY tupperwares, and be preprared to spend LOTS of money up front on ingredients, but it would work if you were able to satisfy all of those things.

I personally would never have the space or containers to handle this type of cooking, and I'd miss the crunch of fresh veggies like salads, raw carrots, crisp sautéed vegetables that would turn to mush once frozen and reheated. But if it works for you, give it a shot! Please take photos and share them to the forums to give others ideas!!!

21 minutes ago, Quint said:

Thanks. There are lots of good sites on this idea you may want to have a look at. they have photos/videos etc

Oh, no thank you- I absolutely love cooking. It's one of my favorite past-times. I'd hate the idea of only cooking once per month!

I meant take photos if you try it yourself, and post them here - there are lots of people on this forum looking for help with time-saving ideas and simplification. Just look at what @kirkor did here - both time saving and boredom inducing daily relief for people who aren't that creative in the kitchen. :lol:

I try to do once a week cooking, basically my whole weekend is shopping and cooking for the upcoming week so I only have to do little things here and there during the week. I definitely don't have the storage space for once a month cooking, but if I had a deep freeze... If you can make it work go for it.

Ya, I think freezer cooking is a great idea!  If you've got the space to keep everything, and are cool with a bit of reduced variety it would reduce a lot of the issues people seems to have during a Whole30.

I think most of the 'work' cooking for Whole30 is chopping cooking up fresh veggies, which you really can't freeze well. I will, however, make two versions of a meal and stick one in the freezer from time to time, but I'm generally on the once a week cooking plan. 

I do large batches of certain foods that freeze well once a month, like crockpot caramelized onions, cherry ginger sauce, barbecue sauces, ketchup, marinara, but overall I prefer to cook on the weekends and eat all week. I may reconsider once we buy a stand-up full freezer where I could do more of a "tv dinner" OAMC.

Archived