Day 26- Losing the Tiger Blood

So, I am on day 26 today, and I feel like I am losing my energy that I was loving so much for the past 2 weeks. My workouts have just been blah for the past 3 days.... my whole day is just really blah. I don't know what happened. I have basically eating the same thing I have been for the past 3 weeks, I just change up my protein at lunch. 

Here is what I have been eating since Monday:

100oz of water each day. 

8am: 1/2 cup strawberries & coffee

10am: 1 cup spinach with 2 1oz homemade chicken sausage patties

1pm: 1.5 cups roasted veggies, 5oz homemade carnitas, made with pork sirloin (I'm worried that the extra fat in this is making me blah?)

4pm: Clementine

6pm: Apple w/ 2tbsp Almond Butter

8pm: Pre-workout- 1/4 cup almonds

8:30 workout- weight-lifting/cardio

10pm (ish) dinner- 4oz chicken, 1 cup veggies- I will admit, sometimes I am too tired to make dinner, so I just eat a cup of veggies and call it a night. 

I know I eat too many times during the day, but I work full time and don't really have time for a sit down meal :( lunch is really by biggest meal of the day. 

This was my first whole30, and I have learned a lot, but any advice on how I help out this blah slump, and do better next time is greatly appreciated!

Hey there :)

You're not really following the recommendations regarding the template & no snacking from what I can see - this is really going to impact how you feel, especially seeing as you are starting the day with fruit (sugar high after fasting overnight) & coffee (appetite suppressant), and then continuing to eat fruit on it's own throughout the day causing additional sugar highs & lows.

I think if you composed your meals more effectively when you *do* have time (1-2 palm sized pieces of protein, 1-3 cups of veg, with 3 being optimal, and a generous serving of fat) you could cut out the fruit/snacking, add in a POST-WO meal (which is more of a big deal than the preWO especially seeing as your WO is late in the day), and feel a whole lot better. If you really MUST snack make it a protein and a fat, not fruit.

Hope this helps!

@* a s h l e y, if I were eating this way (timing and composition) I would have no energy and would feel like xxxx.

Everyone is busy (or as one of the mods says, we have "richly scheduled lives"). But if you can find the time to eat 7 times a day, you can find the time to eat 4 times per day--three meals and a PW snack. 

One of the benefits of Whole30 is gettting more mindfulness about meal planning and scheduling. On my Whole30, I carried meals around with me and I made sure my work place was stocked with foods for a quick meal. 

The template really is your best friend on Whole30. Follow it and follow the recommendations, including the one to eat a template meal within one hour of waking. That will set you up properly for the rest of your day. And don't forget the fats (the fat in your pork isn't enough since you had to snack.) You need your fats as part of your fuel for the day and to stay alert. Ditch the fruit and nuts for awhile and substitute veggies and higher quality fats and see if you don't notice a difference in your energy levels  

You can find the template here.

8am: 1/2 cup strawberries & coffee

10am: 1 cup spinach with 2 1oz homemade chicken sausage patties

Looking at this I question if you have enough protein and fat for your first meal of the day.  This one is really critical to set the tone of your whole day.   I'd make this meal bigger for sure, one meal, and add more protein / fat.   

Archived