My Whole30 is over, but it's not.

1Maryann

Two days post-Whole30, but I'm not doing much differently. I had 2 glasses of wine the other night, and felt like crap in the morning. All month I'd missed my red wine, but now I think it may only be reserved for special occasions.

I did put a Splenda in my coffee this morning, and it didn't taste sweet as much as it tasted like chemicals. I may wind up being one of those paleo people who use honey or agave nectar. I do like a little 'sweet' in my coffee, but the taste of artificial sweetener was really a shock.

I also mourned the absence of my ready-made vanilla-flavored unsweetened almond milk, but I've come to really like coconut milk in my coffee, so I don't see changing that, unless it is when I make my own almond milk.

I like ghee, and it's easy enough to make once a month, so I don't see adding butter back in. I thought I would miss cheese a lot more, but I have no arthritis pain when I'm dairy-free, so I don't really care to add dairy back.

I don't miss legumes at all, and I'd been grain-free for several years before I started the Whole30.

So what's different?

Not much, except things in the "can't have" column are now "choose not to".

GAH! Don't use agave! Super processed, 80% fructose; it's worse than table sugar, imho.

Wow! Thanks for that, Renee. I keep seeing it touted as "all natural', etc. It's offered at the coffee bar at my local organic food mart/restaurant. I will confess I haven't read the label yet.

Maryann, do you like honey in your coffee? If so, raw, organic honey is a good one. It's very unprocessed. You may find you don't really need it, but at least that is a good one to try. I agree with the fake stuff. I used to like liquid stevia in my iced coffee. I tried it last month and it immediately went into the garbage. YUCK!! It tasted bitter.

I am in the same boat, could have added back so many things but I just don't want to! The only thing I have changed is that I am a little more flexible with oils used in cooking at restaurants when i am forced to go out for work. I was planning on having one piece of natural candy yesterday for Halloween but I just couldn't get myself to eat it!

My boyfriend reminded me today that I used to tell people I got my "sweetness from all the sugar I eat"... nuts.

Archived