just joined!

Suzyann

Google Physical kitchness orange balsamic brussel sprouts for my DELICIOUS recipe I use. I used grapefruit because that's what I had on hand to squeeze and it was ahhmazzing. 

@Fallen_leaf - thanks for the info on the app....I just downloaded it. 

Day 2 completed! My Whole30 buddy came over this morning and we prepped our lunches for the week - we did mason jar salads. I've been wanting to try this after seeing them at a restaurant and then I checked them on Pinterest. Has anyone made these before?

congrats everyone on another day!!

@BrendaB That's awesome you like the app.  Also these mason jar salads sound really cool!  I feel like I would make a total mess though while eating it haha.

Day 1 went pretty good for me!  I'm noticing that the portion sizes for meat are quite a bit smaller than what I normally get, I had to cut my salmon filets from the store almost in half.  Funny thing is though, that I feel much more full from the Whole30 compliant serving than I do if I were to eat at a restaurant.  Probably because it wasn't covered in a sugary sauce that was tricking my brain into over-eating :)

Morning all.  I woke up just super grumpy today.  I haven't even left for work yet and I'm already thinking about how I don't feel like talking to anyone.  According to the timeline this is to be expected, but I hope it doesn't last too long.  Day 4 for me.  How is everyone else's Whole30 going?

@Fallen_Leaf - Last night is when some of my "grumpiness" hit but today I awoke to Day 5 ready to kick some butt! I'm am beyond excited and I think one thing that helped is that I watched "That Sugar Film" documentary last night (yep, after my grumpiness hit) and boy oh boy, we are definitely on the right path. There appear to be several documentaries out on sugar and I plan to watch another one tonight. Films like that always motivate me! I like a lot of information and can't read the books fast enough. 

Have the BEST day and know we're on the right path!!

Day 7 down for me, I'm really proud to have made it a week!!  Congrats to all of you as well!

I'm going hiking early tomorrow so I'm going to wake up even earlier and have egg salad and smoked salmon for breakfast.  I'll also pack some apples and almond butter for a snack at the top.  Everyone usually passes around non-compliant snacks so I want to be ready with my own.  Luckily my pals know I'm doing the Whole30 so there won't be any surprised looks to deal with :)

I hope everyone else enjoys their Sunday!

Day 11 and this has been my toughest day so far mentally. I usually eat out a lot and cook very little (I'm just not a great cook). I've been eating 99% of my meals at home/work that I've made myself and eating out occasionally at First Watch (restaurant) where I can easily get a Whole30 Compliant meal.  Have any of you found good restaurants/options eating out? I'm just so afraid of ALL the hidden sugars. Also, I don't eat red meat which leaves, turkey, chicken & fish. 

Any and all suggestions would be welcome! Thanks!

@BrendaBSorry I can't help with restaurant recommendation.  There is pretty much nowhere good to eat (I mean it's not even good if I were to go off plan haha) within 20mins of me!  Even though you didn't cook much before, are you starting to feel more comfortable with it now?  I originally thought I would use a meal planner, then found it too stressful.  So I just started buying all sorts of diff veggies and meats while at the grocery store, and turning them into whatever I want throughout the week.  And then turning leftovers into more different things.  Helps ease the boredom of trying to eat the same thing all week.

Congrats on staying strong!  According to the timeline you're on the last "hardest day."  So here's to wishing you "boundless energy" for tomorrow!

Woke up today (Day 12) with my "kick ass" attitude back! Did my normal gym routine this morning and feeling right back on target. 

I am cooking more than I ever had and am definitely eating much healthier meals and saving a lot of money from not eating out. I did the "brine chicken" routine mentioned in the Whole30 daily email from a few days ago and even though the chicken was good, not sure I'd go to that much trouble again. I did saute up some portabello mushrooms last night to go with my chicken and I forgot how much I love them - yum, yum. 

Here's to ANOTHER great day and feeling healthy on Whole30!

Archived