Primal Pacs?

The small one is half the portion of the large and exactly half the price. Since there is no cost savings with the larger size, I suggest buying the small ones and then you have the option of eating one or two depending on what you need for that meal. I've tried them and think they are pretty good. But not so good I eat them for a snack at home. I like my homemade jerky the best. :) I save the Primal Pacs for easy grab and go food when I don't have enough cooked food ready to pack.

I thought the Primal Packs looked really good for a grab 'n' go or if travelling etc but we can't get them here in the UK. The company will deliver here :) but UK customs won't let any meat products in :( I've currently got my first attempt at jerky in my dehydrator and I'd like to have a go at making my own primal pack.

I reckoned I could vacuum seal them, freeze them and then grab them when needed as they'd defost by the time I wanted them.

I thought the Primal Packs looked really good for a grab 'n' go or if travelling etc but we can't get them here in the UK. The company will deliver here :) but UK customs won't let any meat products in :( I've currently got my first attempt at jerky in my dehydrator and I'd like to have a go at making my own primal pack.

I reckoned I could vacuum seal them, freeze them and then grab them when needed as they'd defost by the time I wanted them.

Hi Kirsteen - check out http://www.thenakedape.co.uk/ - I think they'll be putting even more stuff up there later in the week too. I think they'll be selling just the biltong on it's own so you can add whatever fruit/nuts/coconut you like.

holy expensive. :angry:

I thought the primal packs would be good for hubby to take to work with him--he is a delivery driver and is always looking for easy meals--he did the Whole 30 with me in September and the hardest part for him was giving up his sandwiches.... now he gripes that all he can find in convenience stores is grain based snacks! So I was going to do the primal packs (ouch) so I think I am going to do up my own mix of nuts, fruit and jerky for him. We got a food dehydrator from my folks and I want to make jerky soon with it.

I thought the primal packs would be good for hubby to take to work with him--he is a delivery driver and is always looking for easy meals--he did the Whole 30 with me in September and the hardest part for him was giving up his sandwiches.... now he gripes that all he can find in convenience stores is grain based snacks! So I was going to do the primal packs (ouch) so I think I am going to do up my own mix of nuts, fruit and jerky for him. We got a food dehydrator from my folks and I want to make jerky soon with it.

Spin, homemade beef jerky is about 100 times better than the jerky in the primal pacs. I know they serve a good purpose for some, but really, if you can find the time to make your own..do it. :)

• 3 years later...

Archived