So I was reading and article about dairy-free ice creams and became intrigued if any where Whole30 approved. Cashewtopia looked like it'd be the closest one, but looking at the ingredients I can't really tell if it's okay or not. The attached is the ingredients to their vanilla bean flavor, can anyone cast some guidance over this?

IMG_5912.PNG

Not okay.  It would fall under:

• Do not consume baked goods, junk foods, or treats with “approved” ingredients. Recreating or buying sweets, treats, and foods-with-no-brakes (even if the ingredients are technically compliant) is totally missing the point of the Whole30, and will compromise your life-changing results. These are the same foods that got you into health-trouble in the first place—and a pancake is still a pancake, even if it’s made with coconut flour.

Plus, it has Agave, which is added sugar.  

• Moderators

Agave syrup is a sweetener. I stopped reading there, so not sure about the rest of it.

Additionally, ice cream is never, ever whole30 compliant. Not even of its just made of frozen bananas. Check out the Can I Have list (search on the page for banana if you don't want to read the whole thing):  https://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

Archived