Stomach issues

Triciah

I am on day 8 and have been experiencing (sorry for lack of a better term) diareah since day 2. It just wont stop. I feel fine and do not have cramping or discomfort at all. I had a pretty bad diet before with some IBS issues (most likely food related). I am sticking to the plan 100% and feel great except for this issue. I am not sure if it is just all of the junk still clearing out of my system or if it is something else. Has anyone else experienced this? Help!

• Moderators

My vocabulary in this area has been developing lately. To me diarrhea comes out forcefully and is mostly liquid and involves discomfort. Loose stools, on the other hand, does not involve discomfort, comes out at a measured pace, and is more like a thick smoothie than a lemonade (Yeah, I know, that's kind of an icky way to put things, but now you know what I mean).

Loose stools are common when making dietary transitions or eating large volumes of some veggies. Diarrhea suggests there is a problem that might need to be addressed with more starchy carbs, bone broth, sauerkraut, probiotics, and maybe digestive enzymes.

Hi Triciah,

All I can say I had pretty much the opposite problem. I was going every other day in the begining and then closer to the middle of it got better. I would say the symptoms you are having are pretty normal, considering your vastly change of diet. Be patient for a few days. It should clear up and even out.

I would also suggest journaling your food and how you feel after you eat each meal. I had a lot of issues during my first Whole30 and they continued after I reintroduced foods. It took a while, but I finally narrowed it down to too many nuts (especially pecans and almonds). I now watch my nut consumption to make sure I'm not eating quantities that will irritate my gut.

Just my two cents. I hope your tummy woes go away quickly!

Archived