Help, short notice!

frogtox

I've been invited to a reception with the COO of our company (big company, big deal).. .it starts in a few hours.  I am on day 15... I can do 'reception'. Fruit, veggies, ice water, stand around and chit chat, etc.

I just received a 'change' and it will no longer be held at the country club, but at a local restaurant where we can order dinner off the menu. So, now it's a dinner. I pulled up the menu and tried to call the restaurant to see if they had suggestions on what to order and they're not open until I'm expected to arrive. I'm a little flustered. Can someone take a look at the menu and help me navigate this? I don't want to draw attention to myself but don't want to go off plan. TIA

https://www.opentable.com/the-table-restaurant-at-the-h-hotel

• Moderators

Assuming cost is not a consideration for you, this is actually one of the best options for a whole30 restaurant outing. Any of the steaks or seafood that can be dry grilled would probably work, just speak to your server and confirm they're not marinated, and ask for dry grilled, no butter, no sauce, and ask about seasonings or specify just salt and pepper. There's bound to be at least one of the cooked vegetable options that can be prepared without butter or sauce, and you can probably get a salad with no cheese or croutons, with olive oil and either vinegar or lemon wedges for dressing.

If you're not comfortable asking questions in front of the group, you might be able to excuse yourself from the table and ask the server away from the table, or get there a few minutes early and talk to someone about what to order before you're seated.

Thank you both for your responses! I read them just prior to leaving and ended up getting the filet grilled with salt and pepper, steamed broccoli with lemon and a baked potato with olive oil and salt with a nice bowl of berries for dessert. :)

Y'all are the best! 

Archived