Troubleshooting 9-5 Serving Day Shift

Hi all!

So I have yet to actually start a whole 30, but it is on the bucket list. My issue now is that I work at a restaurant 9-5, and there is a time 11:00-2:00 which is our "busy time" and we are not allowed to order from the kitchen, hardly allowed to eat food. By 2:00, I'm starving; our break is simply a quick second to run to the back and scarf food down, in which I tend to make poor decisions later due to the fluctuation in blood sugar and the stress of being hungry/worrying what to eat and when.

Any suggestions and tips on how to combat this..

Thanks! 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, kapellaniz said:

Hi all!

So I have yet to actually start a whole 30, but it is on the bucket list. My issue now is that I work at a restaurant 9-5, and there is a time 11:00-2:00 which is our "busy time" and we are not allowed to order from the kitchen, hardly allowed to eat food. By 2:00, I'm starving; our break is simply a quick second to run to the back and scarf food down, in which I tend to make poor decisions later due to the fluctuation in blood sugar and the stress of being hungry/worrying what to eat and when.

Any suggestions and tips on how to combat this..

Thanks! 

Eat before the busy time?  Bring your own food and plan your meals accordingly so that your lunch is earlier... this may mean you need a mini meal between lunch and dinner but that's okay lots of people do that.  If you bring your meals with you to work, then you shouldn't have to worry about what you're going to have, you just go to the back and eat what you brought.

Archived