Can I have Pomegranate Molassas

shoshwh

um, sorry, but I'm pretty sure this is a no, actually. Concentrated pomegranite juice would be ok, yes, but the pomegranite molasses I've seen is made with both pomegranite juice and sugar to give it that syrupy sweetness.

Anyway, check the label: sugar or any other sweetener make it a no go.

ok,,,reading your post again, you say you did check the label and it doesn't have sugar...so sure, good to go. For other people reading, though, be sure to check labels. I've never seen a version without (a lot of) sugar added.

Personally I wouldn't use it but if you need to and cant get "sugar free" you can just take Pom juice and reduce it way down over low heat until syrup.... That would be taking a pint of juice down to about a 1/4 of a cup, so if you do the math, basically all your left with is sugar.....

IMO its SWYPO if you use it as a substitute for BBQ sauce ( let's see can I use any more anagrams...) or wet rub for meats. I have used it ( not W30) in strong Demi glacé as a substitute for wine in a beef sauce to give it the sweet/ bright notes

On another note.... I frequently use dried pomegranate seeds and grind them up other spices in different "masala" blends as a dry rub for meats ( traditional Moroccan/ Indian cuisine). Imparts the favors without all the concentrated sugar...

Archived