Robin's W30 Journey ... it's not that scary, really

SparseGreyHackle

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SparseGreyHackle said:

W30D01

B - spinach, red pepper, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 can tuna, handful olives

L - spinach, red pepper, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 can tuna, handful olives

D - chocolate chili, olives, roasted veg (carrots, sweet potato, zucchini, broc, cauli) drizzled with avocado oil

Hi Robin;

I read your intro post on the other thread and wanted to say welcome!  I also want to give you a bit of feedback on your meals so that you're set up to be successful.

Protein is estimated as your own palm's width x thickness x length and then your portion would be 1-2 of that.  On half of a can of tuna is probably quite shy of a palm sized serving so I would encourage you to eat the full can as one serving.

Second, when salad greens are your main veggie, you really need to be eating a pile... we estimate non starchy veggies to be 1-3 cups and that should be estimated as considering them cooked down so you can see how big a salad would need to be.

Dinner sounds delightful but again, make sure that the meat portion of that chili is 1-2 palms worth... 

We don't want you hungry or calorie restricting on the Whole30 and your meals make me hungry looking at them (I"m a 5'10 female).

Good luck on your journey!!

Day 01 Complete!

No issues, besides a slight headache; no cravings. I could have used some additional water (oh, and who knew that herbal tea contains soy! WTF?)

I've prepped my lunch and dinner for tomorrow and posted my goals in places i can see them.

I got some great advice for increasing my protein intake and I'm ready to take on tomorrow.

rmm

Archived