Kirkland (Costco) Tamari Almonds

*KG

Hi! Are these almonds OK after reintroduction? I am planning to try to stay on Whole30 as my baseline, and just indulge when the opportunity (i.e., social engagement) arises. But when I stay on my baseline Whole30, would eating the tamari almonds be OK? They are nutritionally stack up                

Nutrition Facts       

Kirkland Signature (Costco) - Tamari Almonds

per 40 grams
  1. Servings:  0.33 cup (40g) 1 cup (40g) 1 container (8 cup (40g) ea.) 1 ounce 1.4 ounce 1 gram 40 gram
Calories 250 Sodium 220 mg
Total Fat 20 g Potassium 290 mg
Saturated 2 g Total Carbs 8 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 5 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 1 g
Trans 0 g Protein 9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg    
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 10%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 10%

That's what I wondered. The tamari nutrients shown also indicate there's 1 g of sugar so that's verboten, too, right? (I want to try to stay on Whole30 as my baseline after re-intro and only "stray" when a good opportunity arises. :-)

• Administrators

If you are following a Whole30, it is the ingredients listed that you should be concerned with. Most foods have naturally occurring sugars and the nutrition panel doesn't make it obvious if the sugar is naturally a part of the almond or if it is added in the process.

That all said, if you are considering these AFTER WHOLE30, there is no real official answer here. You are free to choose what you want to include in your post-Whole30 life.  If these almonds work for you and you like them and they don't detract from your health, habits or relationship with food then you are free to include or not include them. You decide.

Archived