Just started Whole30 and a whole cold!

Becca In Cle

Hi, I'm Becca and I'm new.

So, I decided to really test myself and start my W30 a week before most folks (I'm thinking of it as my Christmas present to myself). Now, I was a bit nervous about New Years Eve and all those temptations, but that's cake walk compared to what I'm not faced with...

I started my W30 and promptly caught the office bug. It's the whole she-bang too...fever, congestion, sore throat.

The plus side to this is I don't have the "day-2 hangover" but the downside is I don't want to eat anything.

Any tips on getting myself to eat something, anything?

It does not sound like you have time to make yourself a proper bone broth, but perhaps you can find a compliant chicken broth. That always seems to do the trick for me!

(I would say beef broth as well, but I have yet to find a commercially available one that is compliant.)

Stay hydrated and feel better!

The good thing about going through New Years Eve is that it will really up your confidence when you pass the crummy food test. My first Whole 30 I had to go to two weddings and three showers (hadn't gone to either type event in a year and then as soon as I sign up for Whole 30 - Boom!) and the food there was all kinds of tempting. But the more I resisted the bigger my will power got!

Danielle, I learned from trying to find teas I could drink to ride out this crumby cold, that you can call the manufacturer of foods and ask what specifically is in the "natural flavor" ingredients list. They will tell you everything and you can check compliancy for everything then.

F.Y.I. I have learned that just about every major tea brand out there has soy lecithin in it. Beware!

Danielle, I learned from trying to find teas I could drink to ride out this crumby cold, that you can call the manufacturer of foods and ask what specifically is in the "natural flavor" ingredients list. They will tell you everything and you can check compliancy for everything then.

F.Y.I. I have learned that just about every major tea brand out there has soy lecithin in it. Beware!

I love that you do that. :wub:

Archived