Starting my whole 30 during the holidays. Let’s talk traditions that fit this life!

AndiThomasChurna

I know this isn’t recommended since it’s the holidays, but I want to do one! I’m celebrating my book idea getting accepted by a publisher this past weekend!  Plus I’m just one of those people who likes to do things when people say I shouldn’t. :) My body is craving the reset after a few out of town trips.  I’m starting today! I’m inspiring myself by looking at past pics of myself post my first whole 30, throughout my weight loss/heath journey, and one celebrating my book news last Friday on a yacht I rented for myself.  I’m so excited!  I have completed several whole 30s and this is my first time on the whole 30 forum! I’ve also coached several others through their first whole 30s.  Hi new friends!!! 

Questions:

does anyone have any neat ideas to replace the cookie making and food related traditions that four year olds enjoy? 

5988AB3B-0043-4691-BFF8-8826FDD29E7D.jpeg

1 hour ago, AndiThomasChurna said:

I know this isn’t recommended since it’s the holidays, but I want to do one! I’m celebrating my book idea getting accepted by a publisher this past weekend!  Plus I’m just one of those people who likes to do things when people say I shouldn’t. :) My body is craving the reset after a few out of town trips.  I’m starting today! I’m inspiring myself by looking at past pics of myself post my first whole 30, throughout my weight loss/heath journey, and one celebrating my book news last Friday on a yacht I rented for myself.  I’m so excited!  I have completed several whole 30s and this is my first time on the whole 30 forum! I’ve also coached several others through their first whole 30s.  Hi new friends!!! 

Questions:

does anyone have any neat ideas to replace the cookie making and food related traditions that four year olds enjoy? 

103EE5C8-7363-40E9-AF3E-979767640115.jpeg

5988AB3B-0043-4691-BFF8-8826FDD29E7D.jpeg

Why not stick to cooking, just make meals instead of treats/desserts?! If you know your 4 year old enjoys cooking they might like helping you with a stir fry or learning how to make scrambled eggs.

non food related - you could read books together, do some Christmas/Hanukkah/new year crafts or go for daily walks (weather dependent of course). 

17 hours ago, kirkor said:

Holy crap that pic is nuts!

re: cookie traditions for children, if I recall correctly, isn't there a thing where you bake ornaments kinda similar to baking cookies?  It's like a paste dough thing ?

edit: ya, like this stuff here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/9528/ornament-dough/

SUCH a good idea!!!

When I was a kid we made suet for the birds using empty egg cartons and muffin tins.  We strung ribbon through the ones we made in the egg cartons and hung them directly in the lower branches of the trees.  The 8" square pans can be filled, cooled and cut into quarters to fit a suet cage.  You can even stuff the suet into pine cones, cool, and hang with ribbons.

Archived