Rheumatoid Arthritis and Type 2 Diabetes

Hi All,

My mom (74 years old) suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I bought the audio book "it is all about food" and learnt that some types of food causes inflammation, however, the statement is very generic and and wonder where I can find a list of specific food she should avoid or on the contrary, eat to help with her pain. Since she has type 2 diabetes, the list of food types should not have a high level of sugar.   

Any information will be very appreciated.

Thanks

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Alberto said:

Hi All,

My mom (74 years old) suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I bought the audio book "it is all about food" and learnt that some types of food causes inflammation, however, the statement is very generic and and wonder where I can find a list of specific food she should avoid or on the contrary, eat to help with her pain. Since she has type 2 diabetes, the list of food types should not have a high level of sugar.   

Any information will be very appreciated.

Thanks

Did you listen to the entire audio book?  All the information about the program and which most common foods cause inflammation is included in the book and are part of the program to exclude for 30 days (dairy, sugar, legumes/beans, wheat/grains, soy and booze).

Thank you! I have not finished the audio book yet. Since I do not have the physical book, I do not know if there is any appendix with the list of specifics, such as most common legumes or grains that should be avoided. Do they talk about the food that can help with the inflammation?

• Moderators
Just now, Alberto said:

Thank you! I have not finished the audio book yet. Since I do not have the physical book, I do not know if there is any appendix with the list of specifics, such as most common legumes or grains that should be avoided. Do they talk about the food that can help with the inflammation?

For the purpose of Whole30 ALL grains and legumes are excluded and then reintroduced in order to determine their impact on each person specifically.  As far as foods that can help with inflammation, the key is to reduce the inflammatory foods, but no, there are no lists of foods that help with inflammation other than not eating the inflammatory ones.

Archived