Non-compliant food - D9. What next?

Annalise

• Moderators

Here's the official guidance on whether to start over or not:   https://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/ 

Many people start over multiple times before they get it right, it's not the end of the world. Just be sure you learn from this. Why were you so hungry? Do your meals need to be bigger? If you knew you weren't going to be home to eat, could you have taken compliant food with you. (If you're on Instagram or Twitter or Facebook, do a search on any of those for #purseavocado -- it's a thing Whole30ers on the go do, carry random food in their purse for emergencies. Doesn't have to be an avocado, obviously. Epic bars, compliant jerky, cans of tuna or salmon, pouches of olives, ziplocs of carrot sticks would all be good options.) If you were at work, do you have a stash of compliant foods at your desk? Any of the ones I listed above, or if you have access to a freezer, frozen vegetables, frozen cooked burger patties or chicken, a bottle of olive oil, maybe some vinegar -- if you had protein, oil, and vinegar, you could go to just about any restaurant or store and get salad with nothing on it and have a complete, if somewhat boring meal.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Victoria14 said:

I love Whole Foods summer rolls, the rice paper roll is made of tapioca flour and rice flour. I know it can't be that much rice flour however would this still be non-compliant? Let me know your thoughts! 

Any amount of rice makes it non-compliant.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Victoria14 said:

I love Whole Foods summer rolls, the rice paper roll is made of tapioca flour and rice flour. I know it can't be that much rice flour however would this still be non-compliant? Let me know your thoughts! 

In addition to the rice making it non compliant, even if it had no rice in it, the rule is no recreating baked goods (wraps included) with compliant ingredients so this would be out... I bet if you asked them tho, they'd make that same item wrapped in lettuce or chard or similar... 

Archived