Mayo not emulsifying using Ninja blender

I have successfully made mayo before using a regular blender. Nothing fancy, just a cheap blender. I have a Ninja blender and even having every single ingredient at room temperature and pouring my olive oil in slowly, it will not emulsify. Has anyone else experienced this in their Ninja blender? Is there a way around it using the Ninja? I am specifically asking about the Ninja (not immersion blenders or food processors because I don't have either). I don't want to buy another appliance just to accomplish something that should work in a blender. 

Anyone with experience in this please let me know!

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, FitBitzJourney said:

Neither. Ninja is an entirely different brand, but it is a high powered blender. Should I just put it on a lower setting? I actually was putting it on a high blend, so maybe that's my problem. Am I supposed to blend on low? 

Yes, Ninja is a different brand of a high powered blender LIKE Vitamix and Blendtec... they tend to run too fast and get too warm, thus breaking down the emulsification.  Try it on the lower setting and if that still doesn't work, then use your old regular blender.

• 4 weeks later...

Since I only had the Ninja Blender and not a regular blender I worked with what I had. I happened to read something that I have been trying for weeks now and it's worked! That way if anyone else has a Ninja or another high powered blender and experiences this problem they'll know what to do. 

I put it on low speed like you guys suggested and pour the oil in a squeeze bottle. They're like the kind you would normally see ketchup and mustard in except I bought some cheap clear ones off Amazon one time and had them laying around. I put the mixture in the blender and then squeeze it into the blender with it on low speed. Works PERFECTLY every time! Thanks everyone for trying to troubleshoot. 

• 1 year later...

Those high-powered ones will just cook the egg/dairy in the mayo. It’s like bringing a blowtorch to a kid’s camping trip. Weird metaphor/simile, I know. You need something a little weaker. I’d recommend checking out healthykitchen101, and looking up “blender” on their site search. That’s my favorite blog and I actually got an immersion blender off one of their review lists.

• 1 month later...

Archived