Ashley's Whole30 Food Log

AshleyBovard

Day Before Starting:

I'm trying to remain optimistic! I always feel like I start things like this, make it half way (okay, three days) in and fall short. My word for myself for 2018 is grace - so no matter what happens, a slip up, dreaming of chocolate cake, or snapping at my husband in my hangry states, I want to be gracious towards myself. 

I've set my meal plan for the week, headed to the grocery store tomorrow, and ready to take on this journey!

Here's to Food Freedom and new experiences!

Cheers!

Planning and prepping are key! I'm on day 21 of my 4th or 5th attempt and all of the other times I quit around day 10. This time my mom is doing it with me so each weekend I go to her house and we make 2-3 different meals to last us multiple days. Having meals already made and having a few options has really helped me this round. Good luck to you on your journey! 

Thanks @jmluciano0314! I really wish I had someone to do it with! All this cooking is wearing me out! 

End of Day 2 and I'm a little discouraged. I get to this point where I feel like it's not really doing anything and I'm putting forth all this effort in vain. And then I think how pathetic it must be that I'm thinking this on day 2.

I digress... 

Day 1 I had...

• Banana
  • Chicken Sausage Patties (homemade) with mashed avocado
  • Strawberries and pine nuts
  • Bacon Mushroom Chicken Thighs and sweet potato mash

Day 2 I had...

• Breakfast Hash
  • Banana
  • Strawberries and pine nuts
  • Compliant apple sauce
  • Baby Carrots
  • Left over sweet potato mash

I can see now after listing it all out that I'm probably not getting enough protein (hence why I'm exhausted). I also need to stop cooking things that look particularly gross. By the time I'm done cooking, I'm too tired to eat, and the fact that it doesn't look appetizing doesn't help. Lol.

Cheers to day 3!

Do batch cooking so you can get it over with. Based on what you're eating, you're not eating enough and you're not eating the right quantities of food. If you're not getting enough protein and fat, plus vegetables, you're going to be starving, irritable and exhausted. I don't mind cooking but I do like to do a bit of batch cooking so that if I'm too tired to cook, I still have a complete meal I can reheat.

Archived