Did I mess up?

Erin D

Hi, there. On day 6 I was a bit light headed and realized I didn’t eat much for dinner. I ate a slice of my daughter’s applegate turkey and didn’t realize the carrageenan in it was non-compliant. Start over/extend?  It was one slice but I want to make sure I’m not overthinking this. 

Thanks!

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Erin D said:

Hi, there. On day 6 I was a bit light headed and realized I didn’t eat much for dinner. I ate a slice of my daughter’s applegate turkey and didn’t realize the carrageenan in it was non-compliant. Start over/extend?  It was one slice but I want to make sure I’m not overthinking this. 

Thanks!

Ya, you may want to go for a Whole36... carageenan is extremely disruptive to the gut unfortunately!

Make sure you're making your meals match the template (linked in my signature below if you need a refresh) so that you're not getting light headed... that speaks of undereating for more than just one meal.

This forum has been such a helpful resource and probably the most helpful thing I read here was to make sure to salt my food. I never salt my food (not for health reasons, just don't care for it much) but in the first week of my whole30 (on day 24), I was constantly lightheaded and was scared my vertigo was coming back. But then I read some advice here that said always salt your food because when you're eating whole foods, you're not getting much sodium. Since then, I've been adding salt and haven't been lightheaded since.

Archived