Meat and wine reduction

Oohlei

I ate at work event where the main course was steak and veggies in a light port wine reduction. I removed the mushrooms cooked in Boursin and tried my best to move around the meat and veggies out of the reduction and didn't dip them in the sauce. Did I totally mess this up? I'm on day 4 and would really like to not start over. What would others do with no other meal options and a table full of important people not to mess up in front of? Mind you I skipped dessert and rolls so I'm feeling like this is a huge win no matter what! :) Thanks! 

• Moderators

Skipping dessert and rolls is huge -- but unfortunately, you probably couldn't completely remove the reduction. It's really up to you what you do from here -- read this article for some guidance:  https://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

If you're not sure about starting over, I'd suggest you keep going for now, and when you hit what would've been day 30, revisit your decision, and see if you think you might be good to add another four days at that point. Sometimes people get to that last week and are feeling good enough that continuing for a few more days is no problem.

I think if you are going along really well until now and don't have major allergies etc that you will be fine. I actually think you handled it very well. This is how I sometimes have to eat (dairy allergy) and I just have to do my best in the situation. Stressing about it does not help. Keep Calm and Carry ON!

Hadley

Archived