Whole 30 Down Under

glimmer

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi from the Sunshine Coast. Well done glimmer on your progress. I have signed up and purchased the book but have not yet started. For some reason struggling to get my head around where to start and what to do. Any suggestions so that I don't make it all so complicated. Hope I have not written this in the wrong place if so I'm sorry :)

Hi Julia, thanks I guess the 1st thing to do is to plan a weeks worth of dinners and buy lots more fruit and veg and meat than you th ink you will eat.

The forum is a wealth of info as well as I am sure you are discovering

Day 15 (HUMP DAY). !! All downhill from here baby : )

B: 7.301/2 chicken breast, 2 eggs tomato sweet potato spinach cooked in coconut oil

L:1.30 salad beetroot and tuna 1/2 an avocado ( not enough lunch)

Snacks4.30 handful almonds couple of cherry tomatoes some cucumber

Pre work out snack: 6ish egg, turkey mince

Workout: jumping chins, 2x8 squats then 4 rounds of 15-20 rear foot raise lunge, push-ups, romanian deadlift, dumbell rows

D:8pm 2 omgpaleo chicken burgers salad sweet potato and avocado

Ok day 1 of my cycle, cramps and tiredness and headaches but no chocolate craving...go figure...could murder a large glass of wine but am not going to..lol

Have decided to reward myself for my 1/2 wayness with some new converse sneakers. : ). That is way cooler than wine.

Day 16. Well the headache took 16 days to find my but arrived today complete with snotty nose..fabulous! Just what you need in 40 degree heat.

B: 7ish water, panadol, bone broth followed about 1/2 an hour later by turkey mince, 2 eggs kale and ruby chard in coconut oil, 1/4 avocado

L: 1.30 ish orange and purple carrot salad, radish, cucumber, tomato 1/4 avocado, olive oil/vinegar 1/2 a chicken breast, sunflower seeds. Blueberries and almonds coffee with about 1/2 a can of. Coconut milk (hangry as we had been at the pool all mornings being buzzed by a plague of flying beetles..yuck)

S: couple of spoons of turkey mince and leftover almonds.

D: ginger lime prawns and salad.

No work out today, going to eat dinner and see if it gives me enough get u p and go to do a body balance class tonight as my hamstrings are a bit tight.

Day 17 strange day. Sitting down to write this and I am struggling to remember what I ate which is cool because it. Means I am less focused on what I eat, but frustrating as I want to write it down..lol

Lets see

B eggs, turkey mince , sweet potato some sort of green veg coconut oil

Prewos boile egg

W.O. Jumping chins, incline bench, the 4x15-20 reps dumbell squats plates, shoulder press, step ups with dumbells and reverse grip lat pull downs

P.woS sweet potato boiled egg

L: salad of some sort with chicken and turkey

D: red Thai curry fish, cauliflower rice.

Another strange th ing happened today ..I didn't eat all my breaky...I was full..so I stopped eating before the plate was empty ( what is this strange concept). I couldn't quite bring myself to throw it it he bin so put it in the fridge.

Same thing happened at lunch

Not so much at dinner..dinner was. Inhaled..lol

Also got some soaked almonds dehydrating/activating so will be interested to see how they go.

Sigh..trust me to get 'comfortable' with this. Late night munchies won last night. It started with me testing the dryness of the almonds, then eating a handful, then having a handful of blueberries, then a banana and almond butter.

Note to self, let others do quality control on foods than need to be tested/prepped after dinner

Day 18

B leftover cauliflower rice, green veg and 4 eggs in coconut oil

L: steak, sweet potato mushrooms spring onions and spinach

S: banana and almonds

D: chocolate chilli cauli and zuch mash, spinach

Craptacular day. My son has been vomiting everywhere which rendered me housebound. I was so looking forward to a somewhat civilised Sat of farmers market and coffee with friends..boo hiss to vomit germs!

Because of this I really want a drink..lol. I a, currently bargaining with myself over it. ...I really hope I don't give in as its only 12 days to go and I don't fancy doing this all again.

I was going to go to Fairfield. (Closest on this weekend) ended up deciding to grab a few bits of veg in Safeway as I left it too late to get to Flemington today and got a whole lot of stuff on clearance. $9 for 3 big bags stuffed with fruit and veg including mangos and grapes(kids are happy). Beets and turnips, zucchini, button squash, capsicum, broccoli and apples.

Doing a big cook up in the barbie of roast beef (from freezer stash) and free-range chook. The beets are roasting and I will do the turnips too.

might do the capsicum and zuchini too if I can find room.

Day 19.

B: sweet potato hash, mushrooms, spinach 2 poached eggs and smoked salmon

Wo: jumping chins, 2x 8 deadlift, 4x15-20 lunge rear foot lifted, push ups, romanian deadlift, dumbell rows

L: sweet potato, chocolate chilli, gai-lam

D: roast beef, roast beetroot and turnip, broccoli and zuchini, onion gravy

I didn't have enough food to do pre-post work outs snacks as it was shopping day. It didn't seem to bother me but I did have quite big meals

Fridge is now stocked with sliced up roast beef, a roast chook and some veggies as well as mayo. Prepping some grapes for the dehydrator to make some sultanas..hope they work.

ETA: feeling a little bit tiger blood at the moment, lots of energy, feeling on top of things (mostly) there could be something in this eating well ; )

ETA2: went back for a 4th meal tonight about 8.30? So starving. Had chicken, beetroot mayo an apple and some almonds....must have been missing that post work out snack.

Day 20 ( I am shocked I have made it this far but very excited)

B chicken, broc, zuch, tomato egg scramble coconut oil avocado

S coffee

L: beets, lettuce tomato cucumber tuna mayo, mango and strawbs coconut milk

S: (lunch not enough or sugar in fruit too much) left over roast beef, cucumber

D: pork chop, apple, coleslaw

Headachy today 1/2 my family has been sick so I am hoping it is just a bit of dehydration and not anything else

No work out today but walked for 3 hours with kids in pram running errands around town this morning

Archived