Whole 30 Down Under

glimmer

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 21.

B sweet potato zuchini hash coconut oil 3 eggs coconut milk basil

PwoS chicken and mayo

WO. Jumping chins, 2x 8 squats 4x15-20 dumbell squats with heels raised, shoulder press, step ups and reverse grip lat pull down

L. Salad,beetroot cucumber tomato carrot cspsicum roast beef mayo

S: licked the bowl of the food processor after making kids banana, mango and coconut milk Icecream

D: bolognase sauce on a mashed sweet potato with spinach.

Finally got around to getting my new shoes I promised myself for doing 2 weeks of this today. Didn't get converse, but some ugly as new balance minimus as they suit my feet better and will be nice and flat for lifting.

The idea of a glass of wine while watering the vegie patch tonight is really appealing but I have made it this far, I can hang in a bit longer.

Wine, beer. I'm not fussed it just adds to the let's relax and see how many zuchinis atmosphere

dervil how long did it take you to get used to them?

I don't run in them, only lift, so no time at all really. Oh I did run in them once , did sprint intervals on the tm, felt very LOUD!

Thanks. I only plan on lifting in them too, I am wearing them around the house this morning for a bit to wear them in, I have funny feet and it takes me a while to get used to shoes. Today is my rest day so I will try them tomorrow.

I need to get new workout shoes, I think I made my foot funny doing my last workout in bare feet (it was too hot for my clog hopper normal shoes), it kept sliding off the TotalGym baseboard.

Try a cold brewed ice coffee with icecubes and coconut milk instead of your wine (gonna be hot tomorrow here in Melbourne).

For those who go to farmers markets, which ones do you go to, and what are the "don't miss" stores and what days of the month are they open? I find the online listings are pretty vague and/or wrong :( I am trying to convince my partner that we should make markets a regular activity :)

Praxis I am trying to get to farmers markets but it is tough and out my way the are stupid things like 2 the same weekend within 20mins and the. Nothing for 2 weeks tht is closer than 40.

I am going to try the one at Montmorency this Saturday to see what it is like.

The Mulgrave farmers market is open every sunday, its corner of wellington and jackson rds in the Body Shop HO car park. Easy to get to - south eastern freeway to jackson rd exit (just before east link exit) go north then last left before wellington. I buy nuts, avocado, fruit and veg mainly. they did have free range pork belly for $28/kg! bought the coles one for $10 instead

Day 22 (I think)

B left over roast beef, chicken and veggies. I think there was spinach capsicum and something else

L chicken drumstickand thigh beetroot and carrot salad tomatoes from the garden..yum! Some almonds

S roast beef (should have h ad more protein at lunch

D bowl of leftovers choc chilli , bolognase sauce kale and sweet potato

I have hit the wall with all this cooking and planning, hence the lots of leftover bite being used u p today.

I am not sure I could do coconut coffee as my nighttime drinks while watering the vege patch..I have just been using my free hand to pull weeds, not as u ch fun but more productive

I am going to Brizzy on the 8th of Feb so I am thinking of extending my whole 30 it til then, go up there and go on a bender, come back and start another whole 30 and then do a proper reintroduction.

• So great to hear of your success well done to everyone. Hope you don't mind me asking this question here but do I start my 30 day posts on this post or do I start my own? I don't want to do it here if this is the wrong place but think it will help me a lot to write what I'm eating so I'm accountable. Thanks I'm on day 3 but I don't think I'm eating correctly for breakfast and feel crap today. Thanks

Welcome fellow Aussie.... I called my first log whole30 Melbourne style... Was during the gangnam popularity...... Next one I added my user name first so it was easy for me and followers to find....... I will look out for your posts... And a good breakfast with enough protein, veg and fat does set you up for a good day

Juzbo - lol I will always read that in Gangnam voice now

Julia - I'd add your location in the title somehow, it helps locals find each other :)

What's the choc chilli like glimmer?

If you're having some holidays in Brissie (carbs + alcochol?), maybe go lower fat for balance?

Hubby and I love the choc chilli. It is a bit of a staple here. It is also the only time the raw cacao has come out of the pantry since this thing started.

Brizzy will be wine. Also eating out, but it's only 2 days and my whole 30 will be over by then.

Gotta re-introduce stuff at some point right?

Which recipe do you use?

Yeah, I'm starting to think about re-intro. One of the things I've missed more than I thought possible is soy, just soy sauce and the silly crap they add to my favourite tea.

If I eat asian out, I'm guessing it'll have rice (even if you skip the real rice), soy and sugar in it. Reckon that's too many in one go for reintro?

My first re intro... A work dinner... Gluten free asian banquet with a glass of wine... Despite trying my best to avoid all nasties, I was sick for three days... Probably hidden garlic and onion and soy and who knows what else... I passed on a beef and sweet potato dish as I could see garlic pieces in it... So they made a new one for me without garlic which I felt I had to eat... Boo. But it's kept me away from dishes other than plain fish and steak now when eating out

Archived