Food processor

satisfied7

I am looking for the best kitchen equipment that can be multi functional. Does anyone recommended the Ninja or any other products? If so, can you be specific about the model? I am starting from scratch and have a hand blender but need more "tools".

Also, any coffee makers you love? Now that I am starting to enjoy black coffee, would a press or any other special coffee maker be better?

Thanks for the help. I am gearing up to do a second "badass" whole30 and want to be prepared!

I have the top of the line Cuisinart 12 cup food processor (I'm too lazy to find the model #)...love love love it. It is the one that has 2 work bowls a tiny one that nests inside the big one. I honestly use the small work bowl more than the large one but I like have the option for both. I make mayo in it, use it process up blanched tomatoes, it grates and shreds stuff super fast. I use it make almond flour from left almond pulp...it makes a fine powder better than Bob's Red Mill stuff which is waaaay too coarse for my liking.

I got rid of our microwave when we went paleo and I got a Breville countertop convection oven that I am seriously in LOOOOOOVE with. I use it every single day probably 2-3 times a day. It's amazing and I can't say enough good things about it.

I don't use many more gadgets and I don't drink coffee. I had borrowed a Blendtec from a friend but since I have moved away from nut milks I don't need it anymore and the FP can do it all.

If i had a wish list a quality mandolin would be on it (I've wanted one for years!) and a spiralizer or juilenne peeler (these are pretty cheap). Hubby wants a dehydrator so that will probably be our next large small appliance purchase.

I'm also looking at a food processor, and I was leaning towards the new kitchen aid with the adjustable slicer, but I'd be interested in hearing more about the cuisinart one as that the brand I would prefer. How long have you had it?

Coffee pot, mine is a delonghi or something like that. It does coffee and expresso and all of that. I switched to this and a burr grinder a couple of years ago. I really love it, but honestly my cuisinart one with the built in little grinder thing was awesome. They just don't hold up very well and I bought a new one every 2 years or so so I went to something new. I like freshly ground beans, so for me it's a combination of the pot and the grinder.

I have an Excalibur dehydrator and I love it. I've had several others and this one is so well worth it

I use my Viking food processor daily and LOVE it. It, too, has the smaller nesting bowl. I shred everything in it and am currently enjoying my shredded sweet potato w/ coconut oil. I also use my counter top mandolin almost daily. I hurt my should a couple of years ago and sometimes when I use the mandolin too much, it bothers my deltoids for a while, so I often switch from the mandolin to the food processor. My favorite with the mandolin is shredding strips of zucchini for "pasta". Man, that's good stuff ! The mandolin, I forget which brand it is, was only $19.99 at a kitchen store here in Ct. I thought (and still do think) it was a great deal.

Fun !!!

BTW- Melissa- what are you using your dehydrator for ? I had one, used it for beef jerky and fruit a couple of times, but ended up selling it because I didn't think it was worth what we paid for it, for the few times we used it. The jerky recipe was pre- paleo, so not a good one, and I know too much dry fruit isn't a good thing.Everything I make we go through quickly- with 8 of us in the house. I did like using it, though, but not sure it was a good use of $$. Just curious how others have made it worthwhile. Thanks !

I did a buttload of research before pulling the trigger on a rather pricey appliance and the Cusiniart came away the winner based on all my research. I've had it since the spring of 2010 and it is still like brand new. I love that the lid has a fully sealing rubber gasket which makes processing liquid stuff drama free. I tend to prefer Cuisinart over Kitchen Aid...husbie gave me the choice of a food processor or a stand mixer to which I chose the FP and I am soooooo glad I did because while I used to bake a lot. I don't anymore.

I want to make jerky, dried fruit, fruit leather, veggie chips and nut flours. I just found a recipe for making your own garlic powder using the dehydrator this morning (we use a lot of this spice) For us the jerky alone would be worth the dehydrator investment.

For a coffee maker I prefer my Keurig. I live alone and only drink one or two cups every morning. I got tired of making a pot full and throwing away half of it. This is great for someone who lives alone of only drinks one or two cups a day.

I also love my Kitchen Aid Immersion Blender. I LOVE it. It make great Mayo.

Everything I own in terms of kitchen appliances has been made by KitchenAid. I so love it! I've had my stand up mixer for fifteen years.

I have a 13 cup food processor with the nesting bowl and all attachments, all attachments for my mixer, a hand mixer, convection oven, an immersion blender, two roasting pans and a mandolin. Not to mention an array of gadgets.

I guess you can say I love all things Kitchenaid! So much so, that my husband took my mixer to an auto shop and had it painted red to match all my other appliances. :)

Next purchase will be a dehydrator.. unfortunately Kitchenaid doesn't make them but Nesco does and I happen to like them as well, I have a huge Nesco roaster.

I have to reiterate what Nancy H. on the Kitchenaid immersion blender. I have the KHB300 in white. What I love about it is that it comes with both a whip attachment and a mini food processor attachment. I really like to use my immersion blender to make gravies out of sauteed vegetables in broth so that I don't have a need to use flour as a thickening agent.

I adore my Cuisinart Food Processor. Do NOT waste the money on the Ninja. Sadly, I did and after one batch of mayo, where it spattered ALL OVER THE PLACE, I now use the food processor. Mayo in 30 seconds. Ta da! On a weekend food prep day, I likely use my FP 5-6 times. It is the best!

As for the coffee maker, I actually make espresso. I don't have one of the fancy machines, just a Bialetti like this one:

http://www.espressoz...CFck7MgodmGEAuQ

While it is not difficult, it does keep me from over-indulging in multiple cups. That is one of the reasons I no longer use my Keurig. It was too darned easy!

I'm going back and forth with the cuisinart and the kitchenaid. They are very similar, but the cuisinart comes with a 10 yr warranty on the motor... This might be the deciding factor for me. I'm pretty for serious about my appliances, I expect them to work hard :) I have a kitchenaid stand mixer, but I prefer my Bosch.

Dehydrator: I soak and sprout my nuts, so I dry them in here. I get herbs and veges in the summer and add some extra that I can dehydrate, like tomatoes. I'd rather use local organic dried tomatoes to make paste. I also make jerky, dry fruit like blueberries and things that I pick locally. When I'm not doing a whole 30, I will indulge in raw milk (still debating this portion of my lifetime diet) and make my own yogurt. There are actually a ton of things you can do with veges in the dehydrator, lots of which is good for you if you have a healthy relationship with food.

I've got to say, I have a cheap food processor from Walmart. It does it's job. When it dies I will probably get a kitchenaid, as I prefer that brand for most things. For now though I really don't mind the cheapy one for shredding sweet potatoes, zucchini, cauliflower, etc.

Archived