Sugar cravings. BAD.

Hi all,

I am on day 8 and struggling. I know the worse your diet was to begin with, the worse off you are kind of detoxing but I’m going crazy over here. I would sell my soul for a cookie or a piece of candy, or SOMETHING.

i have been drinking water and sticking very religiously to the plan and I’m not hungry, but am craving sugar badly!

Any suggestions on how to cope would be greatly appreciated. I honestly don’t think quitting smoking was this bad! 

• Administrators

Make sure you are eating enough protein, fat and veggies at your meals. Turn away from fruits as snacks or for cravings. 

It's hard to give anymore specific advice without knowing what you have been eating. 

Yesterday my cravings were through the roof...I ate:

breakfast: three eggs, bell peppers and about 1/2 cup potatos

lunch: salsa chicken, potatos and green beans

dinner: same as lunch only added 1/2 an avocado

i add the potatos because I find if I don’t eat enough carbs I can’t function and have really weird sweats, and extreme low energy.

i have been making different recipes from Nom Nom and We’ll Fed, so more of my days have a little more variety than yesterday. 

• Moderators

What are you having for fat in these meals? You should be adding one or two of the fat choices listed on the meal template in addition to what you're cooking in. Fat is what will really help keep you satisfied from meal to meal and help combat cravings.

You can download the meal template here if you need to review it:  https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf 

Archived