Rx Bars

abhertel

• Administrators

Hi @abhertel - RX Bars are compliant (just read the ingredients and make sure that all the ingredients in the one you're going to buy are compliant) but they are really only approved for emergency use. That means stuck on tarmac, stuck late at work, long hike etc. They aren't permitted for snacking, crushing sugar cravings and they aren't particularly balanced enough for pre or post workout food.

@ladyshanny Thank you so much for the information.  My husband and I do long hikes and runs over the weekends.  I am trying to figure out other items to eat other than the bars but just in case we may have it if the hike or run goes longer than expected.

I also have a question in regards to green pea seeds.  I have a probiotic that I take and it has that as an ingredient.  I know that green peas are a no go but what about the seed of the green pea?

Thank you!

Hi @abhertel These are the two RX bars I have in my purse:

- Apple Cinnamon (Ingredients: Dates, Egg Whites, Almonds, Cashews, Apples, Natural Flavors, Cinnamon)

- Blueberry (Ingredients: Dates, Egg Whites, Almonds, Cashews, Blueberries, Natural Flavors)

I bought them on July 9th (my day 1) to keep in my purse for an emergency. Obviously have not needed them yet as they are still there. One snack I used on the go for a long day at the zoo was an individual-portion pouch of plain almond butter. I ate it directly from the pack by itself - packed it along because I thought it would be a good way to satiate my hunger without waking up my sweet tooth (which I'm afraid these two sweet bars will do, honestly). Depending on what you hike with, maybe you could also pack along hard-boiled eggs in an insulted bag? I know my lunch bag fits easily in my backpack and that's a pretty easy snack to bring on the go.

I had my first true Whole 30 Emergency food requirement:  I work 12 hour shifts.  Eat breakfast before work at 5:30am.  Eat lunch at 1:30ish pm.  Eat dinner when I get home at 8pm.  I typically do not need snacks between meals, but do sip on coffee with nutpods in the morning between breakfast and lunch. (I know...I know...)

Well, I had my Cobb salad for lunch at 1:30 on Thursday and then found out I'd be working until 11pm!  I didn't have any extra meals packed.  And the only option at work after 4pm is Subway.  I am fortunate that I keep a stash of emergency food in my bag....So my "dinner" was a DNX bar, a Zora bar, and a blueberry RX bar.  I ate all three together with a big jug of water.   I showered and went straight to bed when I got home at midnight and then woke the following morning famished!!  But I survived. :) 

Archived