Brand new and starting September 1 to get my health back

Blair W

Hi all, I am 30 years old, 210 pounds, and have VERY high blood pressure. I have recently starting getting high cholesterol and intense fatigue. I am have HORRIBLE eating habits and am hoping that by cleaning up my food intake, I will start to feel better and hopefully help my blood pressure. Weight loss would be a great win for me as well! Recent pic of me and my daughter attached :)

36257380_2117848625160710_6602340391607861248_o.jpg

@Blair W Beautiful picture of you and your little girl!!

I'm planning to start the first as well!  I was originally going to start on the 3rd with the official Whole30 group, but I like the idea of the days matching the date on the calendar!  :)

I have completed one successful Whole30 but did not follow the reintroduction properly so I definitely want to do that by the book this time!

Let's all support each other and make this one great!

You got this!

I'm wrapping up my first whole 30 (Day 27) and it was extremely helpful to have support from others "In the trenches". Messaging here or on Instagram and participating in the Whole 30 community really helped me keep my resolve. :D

3 minutes ago, Lokan_V said:

You got this!

I'm wrapping up my first whole 30 (Day 27) and it was extremely helpful to have support from others "In the trenches". Messaging here or on Instagram and participating in the Whole 30 community really helped me keep my resolve. :D

Thanks so much! I am definitely going to need support so I am so grateful for this community! I am happy to see you are so far into your 30 day journey, congrats on your journey so far and best of luck moving forward!!!

Hi there! I’m also starting tomorrow and would love to join you in the next 30 days to support & encourage each other! I have always wanted to break free from my sugar addiction & am excited to finally do it! Not to mention I need to lose about 15 pounds and want to feel good in my own skin again. Good luck tomorrow! I love eating eggos for breakfast, but have to remind myself I also like eggs a lot so it’s all good ;)

I started today also! I use Whole30 occasionally as a reset at this point. There is just nothing that comes close to how much better I feel on Whole30. I hope you experience the same! I'd love to join you on this journey! 

13 hours ago, Shell22 said:

Hi there! I’m also starting tomorrow and would love to join you in the next 30 days to support & encourage each other! I have always wanted to break free from my sugar addiction & am excited to finally do it! Not to mention I need to lose about 15 pounds and want to feel good in my own skin again. Good luck tomorrow! I love eating eggos for breakfast, but have to remind myself I also like eggs a lot so it’s all good ;)

It took me a long, long time to get to a place with sugar where I don't need it anymore. My sugar addiction got very severe at one point. I really credit doing repeat Whole30's for getting me to the place I am. Now, even when I start to derail with it, it is nothing like a binge and I can easily get it under control again by just going back on my reset for a couple of weeks. You should definitely read Food Freedom if you haven't already. It really works if you work it. One day you'll cringe at the thought of having sugar with breakfast. :-) You can do this!!

Hi! I’m starting tomorrow but if you don’t mind me being a couple days behind i’d love to join you all on this journey. It’s my first time and I’m really excited and a bit nervous too! I’m a high school teacher and love my students but often feel exhausted at the end of each day so cooking dinner is a huge issue for me. Hoping meal prep helps and keeps me on track. Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

Besides all that, I hope you all have a great day 3 tomorrow!

Good luck @Kauline!!  My best tip would just be to not over-complicate it!!  Don't feel like every meal has to be a full on recipe that you find online.  Be okay with something simple like a couple hard boiled eggs and some raw veggies.  Or tuna salad in a lettuce wrap.  Always keep those super simple things on hand.  Make recipes when you have a little extra time and always make extra for leftovers, but let good enough be good enough!  Remember, you don't have to have a picture perfect whole30, just stick to the rules and try to follow the meal template and you will be fine!

On 9/1/2018 at 10:48 AM, CaseyD said:

I started today also! I use Whole30 occasionally as a reset at this point. There is just nothing that comes close to how much better I feel on Whole30. I hope you experience the same! I'd love to join you on this journey! 

It took me a long, long time to get to a place with sugar where I don't need it anymore. My sugar addiction got very severe at one point. I really credit doing repeat Whole30's for getting me to the place I am. Now, even when I start to derail with it, it is nothing like a binge and I can easily get it under control again by just going back on my reset for a couple of weeks. You should definitely read Food Freedom if you haven't already. It really works if you work it. One day you'll cringe at the thought of having sugar with breakfast. :-) You can do this!!

Thanks so much for the encouragement! It’s so great to hear you had success with breaking free from sugar addiction! I am so proud of myself for not using cream & sugar in my coffee;) that’s huge for me. Baby steps, right?! How did the weekend go for you?

On 9/1/2018 at 1:11 PM, AdamzW30 said:

Hola! I'm starting today myself and looking to stay connected with peeps. Have a great day! I'll be back around later! Oh yeah, this is my 2nd go at it. First time was a success and I'm deciding to do this 2 months a year! cheers y'all! Adam

On 9/1/2018 at 1:11 PM, AdamzW30 said:

Hola! I'm starting today myself and looking to stay connected with peeps. Have a great day! I'll be back around later! Oh yeah, this is my 2nd go at it. First time was a success and I'm deciding to do this 2 months a year! cheers y'all! Adam

So great to hear you are back for your 2nd go, Adam! That goes to show you must of felt great the first time! Hope you had a good weekend;)

Hope everyone is off to a great start!  I just had to share this recipe, it is the best whole30 recipe I have ever made!  Super easy and it reheats really well.  You must make the chipotle ranch sauce for the top, which she links in her post!

Enjoy!!

https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/beef-veggie-bacon-bowls-plantains-paleo-whole30/

Archived