Heartburn :(

Suhad7

Hi all! I'm on R1D7 and up until yesterday I have been feeling FABULOUS.

For breakfast I have some sort of egg with some sort of veggies (spinach/mushrooms/peppers/potatoes) occasionally avocado and usually a banana.

For lunch its usually a salad with some sort of protein from dinner and a small amount of berries.

for Dinner its usually two palmfulls of protein, tons of veggies, and some sort of potato - and I'm including some sort of fat at each meal (between dressing/olives/butters/avocado/mayo)

but for the past two days (day 6 and day 7) I have had terrible heartburn and not much of an appetite- should I be concerned or is this just my body adjusting?

side note: I don't normally get heartburn so this is new to me- also I feel bloaty and kind of blah- and I haven't weighed myself but definitely don't feel like I've lost an ounce over the past week :( Although I've been eating super clean and used to eat like garbage.

• Moderators

Is there something new you're eating now you never ate before? Or something you're eating a lot more of now than you ate before? It's possible something just isn't agreeing with you. Sometimes there are foods you can tolerate in small amounts, but as you add more, you hit the limit of what your body is okay with.

If you're not already, you might want to keep a food diary where you list what you've eaten and what symptoms you're experiencing so that you may be able to see a connection between having certain foods and your heartburn getting worse.

Hi Shannon!

thanks!

Scatterbrain me forgot my most important point! on D5 and D6 I had coffee with unsweetened cashew milk.. - I made it a point to not have any today I'm wondering if this is my culprit! I hadn't had any coffee D1-D4 because I can't drink black coffee- so when I found the unsweetened cashew milk I got excited- but my body might be less excited about it :( lol

Hi Suhad!  I agree there must be a culprit rather than the actual protocol.  Mine was a homemade marinara.  Actually it always did trigger heartburn but all of my other triggers resolved on Whole 30.  Good luck!  I know it can feel miserable.

Archived