Tea additives

BatyaChavaGeee

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, BatyaChavaGeee said:

How do we feel about "vanilla extract" in herbal or black tea? As I understand it, normal vanilla extract is out because it has alcohol, but this is clearly dry, so it has no alcohol, right?

It's not necessarily clearly dry... usually the tea leaves would be infused with the vanilla extract and then dried so it's out... even if it was dry extract, the rules around these things are black and white... if it says 'vanilla extract', it's out for the 30 days.

24 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

It's not necessarily clearly dry... usually the tea leaves would be infused with the vanilla extract and then dried so it's out... even if it was dry extract, the rules around these things are black and white... if it says 'vanilla extract', it's out for the 30 days.

Boo-urns. No Stash Black Forest tea for me, I guess. Still better than the soy I found in some of my teas.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, BatyaChavaGeee said:

Boo-urns. No Stash Black Forest tea for me, I guess. Still better than the soy I found in some of my teas.

Ya, teas are the one that shocks a lot of people for all the additives that can be in it, especially soy!  Save that Stash for your celebratory cup of tea when you're done!

Archived