Soy replacement- Not coconut amino

• Moderators

Maybe fish sauce? I know Red Boat brand is compliant, there may be others that are as well. It's not going to be the same as soy sauce, but it will give you that umami flavor. Toasted sesame oil is also a good addition -- you don't necessarily want to cook with it, just add a bit at the very end right before serving, as it doesn't hold up to heat well. Again, it's not soy sauce flavored, but it's a nice flavor addition to things like stir fries or fried rice. 

• Administrators
On 10/16/2018 at 1:18 PM, Cassandraruth17 said:

So I'm in need of a soy replacement for my Cauliflower fried rice. Bad thing is I'm deathly allergic to coconut so I need recommendations besides coconut amino.

You could try mushroom powder also for that umami flavour. Or try a cauli-rice that is seasoned in a way that doesn't need a soy sauce replacement. I really love this one: https://www.stupideasypaleo.com/2013/03/08/indian-pineapple-cauliflower-rice/

@Cassandraruth17 Based on my understanding of the program, yes this would generally be very much Whole30 compliant. There is a rule that says you should avoid recreating baked goods, junk foods, or treats, even if they are made with compliant ingredients. But I don't think there would be any problem with making an awesome cauliflower fried rice. This would give you just what the meal template calls for - lots of vegetables, meat, and fat. 

The only reason you would maybe avoid it is if you have an unhealthy relationship with fried rice and you desperately need to make this in order to prop up your craving for fried rice... 

Archived