Megan's First Whole30!

megbeveridge

I've been terrible at logging! In my defense, my basement was still gaining water on Saturday, but I can't let stress bog me down! I'll have to skip a couple of days because I really don't remember what I ate.

Day 27 Breakfast: 

Sweet potato "toast" with avocado

Day 27 Lunch:

Rx Bar on the run doing errands

Day 27 Dinner:

Monkfish

Zoodles and red sauce

Steamed vegetables

Day 28 Breakfast:

Sweet potato "toast" with avocado

1/2 apple

Day 28 Lunch:

Chicken burger

Green beans

2 mini cucumbers

Pistachios

Day 28 Dinner:

Steak (3-4 oz)

Baked potato wedges

Sauteed green beans and cherry tomatoes

Day 29 Breakfast:

2 eggs

1 banana

Day 29 Lunch:

Rx Bar (forgot my protein at home so I subbed this in)

Pistachios

Green beans

2 mini cucumbers

1/2 apple

Mood:

For two days my mood was very good, but today it's a down a little. I'm still feeling generally content, but more things are irritating me. I'm definitely happy with where I am.

Physical:

Sunday night I had a blinding headache. Monday it wasn't terrible and subsided early in the day. Today I have a light headache that may be due to poor sleep quality or rapidly changing weather. I suppose it could also be allergies. Who knows, really. 

I'm really happy to have made it this far! One more day and it's reintroduction time! I think I've decided to reintroduce dairy first. I don't think I should give into the sugar dragon just yet because it's definitely going to be my hardest battle. I know what sugar does to me, but I'm not sure how dairy affects me. I think I'll introduce cheeses and yogurt and then move on to regular milk so I can control the lactose reintroduction. After that I think I'll want to do grains. Rice and other gluten free grains first, then wheat. I'm really looking forward to my first sandwich! Yum! Next will be legumes like hummus, peas, soy, etc. I don't think I'll break up this group further because I've never noticed a particular difference in how my body reacts to any of them. After that I think I'll just reintroduce as it arises. I have a nice dinner planned in February and I'll probably split a dessert. My friend wants to go to a winery in several weeks so I might reintroduce alcohol, or I might not. Logging my reintroduction is definitely going to be a priority. I don't know how I feel over time if I don't record how I feel every day. Can't wait for it to begin!

Day 29 Dinner:

Baked chicken breast

Later: Larabar

Physical:

I actually had to leave work early due to nausea and headaches. I think I had the makings of a migraine but was able to stave it off with water, Tylenol, and a 2 1/2 hour nap. I only had the chicken breast for dinner because I was worried about my stomach and didn't want to eat too much. After being awake and okay for a few hours I ate a Larabar while doing laundry. The past three nights I've experienced headaches and for two of them it continued into the morning. I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but it's definitely making me excited to reintroduce some foods.

Day 30(!!!) Breakfast:

2 mini cucumbers

Potato hash

Banana

Day 30 Lunch:

Mango pieces

Baked chicken breast

Vegetable medley (steamed)

Pistachios

Mood:

I feel great today! While work is definitely boring and I'd rather not be here, I'm not anxious or down at all. Yesterday was hard and my mood declined into the afternoon, but since it picked up again in the evening I've been doing well. I got chores done last night and this morning so I'm not overwhelmed. It's a good day for the last day!

Physical:

My stomach is much better today, but I still feel the headache lurking. I don't know what triggers it to come back, but I'm hoping today I will avoid whatever it was. Perhaps it was a sugar crash after having the Rx Bar? I'll definitely have to be careful about that in the future. I don't think I mentioned it before, but I sometimes struggle with hypoglycemia, which causes headaches, nausea, and shakes. I used to just eat more sugar when it started, but my new strategy will be to eat only low levels of sugar and have more complex carbohydrates to keep my blood sugar stable.

After today I'll be moving on to a reintroduction log! I intend to keep it updated at least for the first few weeks, but hopefully I come back to it for longer than that. It's been really helpful logging my symptoms and experiences along the way and I think it can only benefit me to continue.

Almost there!! Just 12 hours left!

Archived