Em's First Whole30! Start date = 1/14/18

Emily Carveth

Hello hello!

A little background on me:

-I work at a veterinary oncology practice and tend to sit a lot (I work at the front desk, but do get to pet a lot of cute dogs)

-I'm on several medications for anxiety/depression/bipolar disorder that I would love to be able to decrease someday

-I'm working on getting back into a regular yoga practice

-For fun/fitness, I'm an indoor rock-climber and I occasionally lift weights with my boyfriend

-I have a LONG history of disordered eating!

I'm very glad that aside from not eating non-compliant foods, I don't have to weigh/measure/restrict. I have a long history of both binge eating and anorexia and too much weighing/measuring sends me right back to Crazy Town.

I am going shopping on Sunday to stock my fridge/pantry and will report back what I bought!

Thanks in advance for ANY feedback!

Hi! First of all, I'm kind of jealous about that job... I am obsessed with dogs! My pup is named Ollivander and he is the best mutt. I am also on a couple "brain pills" for anxiety/depression/ptsd/being a human in these miserable times. If I can lower just one I'll be happy! Have fun with food shopping! I definitely recommend getting some frozen meat (chicken, fish, steak, whatever) for those days where all you can do is pull something out of the freezer to defrost and throw it on a skillet that night. Frozen veggies are also a life saver! 

Day 3....

Headaches and body aches! Woke up feeling like absolute garbage. I've been also experiencing crankiness/irritability. I'm guessing this is normal because I'm detoxing from all the sugar I've been eating! Breakfast this morning was my usual, 2 hardboiled eggs drizzled with olive oil and coarse sea salt. I'm probably drinking too much coffee and not enough water as well. I had a great dinner last night at Whole Foods - shrimp with lemon juice/red pepper, roasted brussels sprouts, rainbow carrots, and red onion with olive oil, salt and pepper. Delicious! Lunch today is a salad of arugula, sprouts, carrots, bell peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, and grilled chicken with Primal Kitchen Green Goddess dressing (I LOVE their dressings and mayo!)

If you think you may be drinking too much coffee, try subbing some of that for half decaf! It doesn't change the flavor and you still get a little kick, but you can step back your caffeine intake over time. 

Also that Whole Foods dinner sounds amazing! I just shopped there for the first time over the weekend and I'm loving what I bought :)

Day 4...

So far, so good. No headache this morning. Went in for a physical this morning and was very happy to report that I'm doing the Whole30. I want to get the phrase "morbid obesity" OFF my medical chart! It'll be very interesting to see what my bloodwork shows.

Breakfast was a harboiled egg and some mixed berries. Picked up some roasted cashews on my way in to work to keep in my desk drawer  - I've noticed I get quite hungry mid-morning.

Archived