Fruit Juice Concentrate - as an Ingredient in a Food?

HawkeyeE

I found some chicken apple sausages at my local Tom Thumb that do not appear to have any non-compliant ingredients. However, the term "fruit juice concentrate" worries me. I have looked through the message boards and have seen other Whole30 participants and moderators say that while small quantities are generally compliant, fruit juice concentrate may not be in the spirit of the Whole30. I realize that as an ingredient, the quantity is small, though this one has multiple juices listed Chicken, Dried Apple, Salt, Fruit Juice Concentrate (Apple, Pineapple, Pear & Peach), Spices and Celery Powder, in a Pork Casing. Is this item okay? I am about to re-introduce, and would love to be able to use this over the next 15 ish days if possible, before it goes bad. Thanks in advance to anyone who can tell me the correct answer!

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, HawkeyeE said:

I found some chicken apple sausages at my local Tom Thumb that do not appear to have any non-compliant ingredients. However, the term "fruit juice concentrate" worries me. I have looked through the message boards and have seen other Whole30 participants and moderators say that while small quantities are generally compliant, fruit juice concentrate may not be in the spirit of the Whole30. I realize that as an ingredient, the quantity is small, though this one has multiple juices listed Chicken, Dried Apple, Salt, Fruit Juice Concentrate (Apple, Pineapple, Pear & Peach), Spices and Celery Powder, in a Pork Casing. Is this item okay? I am about to re-introduce, and would love to be able to use this over the next 15 ish days if possible, before it goes bad. Thanks in advance to anyone who can tell me the correct answer!

This would be fine.  

Archived