Day 2: what are you proud of yourself for today?

clairejrichardson

Hey there! I started my first (real) round of Whole30 on Sept. 2. I started the program in the past, but wasn’t committed fully and gave up a few days in. 

I was was super encouraged today because I successfully dissuaded myself from the Dunkin Donuts in the break room & went to a work function at a bar, and successfully overcame the temptation of alcohol and non-complainant snacks someone brought. I struggle with social anxiety and not drinking at an event like that was kind of uncomfortable for me, but now I just feel very capable and proud of myself for getting through it. (Also getting a carbonated water with a lime slice was super refreshing and made me feel a little less weird about the whole going-to-a-bar-and-not-drinking situation.)

What were are your all’s wins today?

I'm already on day 26.  The time has really flown!  My sugar dragon seems to be well in check.  I NEVER thought I'd say that.  I used to like dessert - even after breakfast!  On W30 I was eating blueberries or strawberries or peaches and coconut milk after most meals when I realized I was just replacing dessert.  So for several days now, I've been having that first, before meat and vegetables.  And it's OK!  My liquid sugar dragon (wine!) has mellowed too.  I cut my thumb pretty badly last Sunday.  It was late in the day and I was trying to get some stuff done around the house before company coming on Labor Day.  I got my project done and cleaned up, I showered and ate dinner.  Then all I wanted in the whole world was a glass of wine to wash away the stress of my little injury.  But a wine glass of Kombucha was a satisfying substitute!  I was able to relax, sleep well and I didn't need stitches.  To me, that's a decent win right there!

I feel really good, but I don't think I've lost much weight.  I'm eating like a lumberjack!  I've already decided that I'm going to continue with W30 after my 30 days are up until I get to my goal.  Except I'll probably be doing W30 + a little wine now and again!  ;) 

Thanks for asking! 

Your wins are monumental!!  I know you are proud of yourself!  :D

Thank you, and you should be very proud of yourself, Angelia! 

It’s so easy to respond to want to almost any stressful situation with a glass of wine. Kudos to you for creative problem solving and getting yourself through it :) I think getting over the emotional component to what we eat/drink is one of the hardest parts so far. 

A glass of kombucha instead is a great idea! I’ve also found just a mug of hot ginger and lemon tea is really soothing. Thats helping me avoid my late night snack cravings. 

And great job recognizing and taming your Sugar Dragon! That in itself is a huge NSV no matter what the scale says at the end. 

Keep it up, you’ve got this!

Archived