GiGi's W30 - Jan 2020

GiGi175

31 Dec 2019

It's nearly midnight here and I'll soon be enjoying a bit of bubbly, then it's off to bed. I just discovered Whole30 a few hours ago while searching for anti-inflammatory foods and after some reading, thought it looked like a great way to go cold turkey on some stuff I want to dump (like sugar) and so here I am. I have done absolutely zero prep but I have enough "real" food to get me through a few days until I can go shopping. 

Main Goals for W30:

1, Ditch sugar, and also coffee (which causes me massive reflux). 2. Adjust my palate to anti-inflammatory, non-processed, quality foods. 3. Experience less joint pain so I can move more. 4. Make an entry here once a day for the month of January 2020.

Welcome! That's amazing that you've decided to dive into Whole 30 after just learning about it! There's lots of reading to do on it, so I would just suggest that you make sure you've thoroughly gone through all the guides and rules in the morning when you get up. Happy New Year!

7 hours ago, JessFind said:

Welcome! That's amazing that you've decided to dive into Whole 30 after just learning about it! There's lots of reading to do on it, so I would just suggest that you make sure you've thoroughly gone through all the guides and rules in the morning when you get up. Happy New Year!

Oh yes indeed, LOL! I actually decided I need today to read more, because I've already slipped with breakfast. My husband cooked and the sausage was loaded with maple syrup. I was tired and ate it without even thinking twice. Whoops!  I'm not bothered because I've just come across this, so I'll read alllllll the stuff today, go shopping, and start officially tomorrow. Meanwhile, tonight's menu is grilled chicken with roasted veg which is a fave of ours anyway, so... it's all good. I'm not stressing over it. Thanks for commenting! Happy New Year!:D

3 Jan 2020

Checking in, done reading, ready to go. I broke one of my front teeth pretty badly this evening - almost half of it's gone! - so it's going to be soups for me until I get to the dentist on Monday for what is likely to be an ordeal. Yikes! *off to look for W30 soup recipes*

On 1/4/2020 at 12:13 AM, BabyBear said:

Oh that’s terrible about your tooth!  That makes for a long painful weekend. Best of luck!

Yeah, it's been a long weekend for sure. Dentist tomorrow, thankfully, and I never thought I'd say this but I can't wait. I've been subsisting on soup and I haven't cared what kind but I've tried to be mindful. My husband's been a doll, made me some "compliant soup" as he called it, LOL!

Hi Gigi,

Good luck with soups! One thing to be aware of is that many commercial broths add sugar or honey. I don't get it, but that's that. I love soup, and there are so many things you can do to make a Whole30 soup. One thing I've done a few times is make what would be a regular chicken noodle soup and replace the noodles with potatoes. If you are into Asian flavors, NomNomPaleo (great resource for recipes) has a recipe for Tom Kha Gai (Tai coconut chicken soup) that I will be prepping for lunches today. I also found this soup which looks delicious to me, but my family would run screaming if I made it for them. Guess I'll have to food prep it for myself one week.

And I'm sorry to hear about your tooth! 

I’m super impressed that you’re sticking with the plan despite the tooth thing!  But I guess what else are you going to eat but soup, Whole30 or not!  I sure hope it isn’t painful.  Good luck at the dentist tomorrow.  

Archived