Worried About Day 3

This is my second attempt at Whole30. The first time I tried to do it I did not plan accordingly with a vacation and ended it early. I really want to stay committed this time. I have the Day by Day journal which has helped me so far by giving me motivation and advice.

Tomorrow I am off of work and plan on going to a karaoke bar with friends at night. I’m going to shop and meal prep tomorrow morning for the rest of the week. 

I am worried about being at the bar and pressure to drink. I will order club soda and wine and am prepared to turn down shots. Just a little worried about my will power since it’s day 3 and emotions are already rocky. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Stephanie Sprowl said:

club soda and wine 

Typo, I hope?

You'll do fine. Eat a good meal before you go, unless you know there will be food that works for whole30 available. Order your club soda with lime. Have responses in mind for when you're offered a drink or for if someone asks why you're not drinking, so you don't feel put on the spot when they ask. Then just have fun! 

If you're really concerned you may not be able to be there and not drink, either be sure you have a way to leave early if you need to, or possibly if you think it would help you commit to not drinking and it's something you'd be willing to do, offer to be a designated driver. 

I just had a friend ask to get happy hour and dinner before going on a local artwork. I told her I was doing a month of no alcohol and she was very supportive. I suggest a taco place that will do lettuce instead of tortillas and I called and asked about how they prepare their proteins. I will be able to eat pretty much all of the proteins they have. I’m very excited now and feel good about today. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Stephanie Sprowl said:

I just had a friend ask to get happy hour and dinner before going on a local artwork. I told her I was doing a month of no alcohol and she was very supportive. I suggest a taco place that will do lettuce instead of tortillas and I called and asked about how they prepare their proteins. I will be able to eat pretty much all of the proteins they have. I’m very excited now and feel good about today. 

That's awesome, great to hear!

Archived