I'm not hungry!

btvs1981

A little advice needed please? I'm on day 15 and I'm not hungry at all. I've been struggling the last few days with no hunger signals, yesterday I only ate 2 meals and I could have probably just had the one. Admittedly I came to this from a place of wanting to reduce hunger (I found I was hungry every hour and a half to two hours and was sick of it) but I think this maybe isn't normal? I feel fine otherwise so I'm definitely not sick in any other way. I am suffering through dizziness but I've had bloods that are expected to show low iron as the cause of that. I've been document my food in the Whole 30 log forum under BTVS whole 30 log but I don't know if that will help because the last few days are a little light on in food. I've been trying to follow what my body wants but this doesn't seem right to me. Any suggestions?

Soup. Specifically, creamy soup. I know that part of the whole idea behind Whole30 is that we should be chewing our foods, hence the suggestion to eschew things like smoothies for the duration, but I've found that I can sometimes mentally grasp the idea of drinking a cup of soup when I can't begin to fathom eating even a tiny mini-meal... so my typical motion in times like that is to pack nutrients into a soup and drink that to at least make sure that I'm being nourished despite the lack of hunger signals. Once feeling hungry for more "real food" again, I start bringing that real food back in either as small meals or as chunks in my soup base (i.e., a bit of grilled chicken or soft starchy veg). I've found this method tends to help when I'm just too nauseated to think about food, also.

Mods or those with other/more experience than I have might have other thoughts and/or suggestions :)

• Moderators

You should try your best to follow the Meal Template - one palm sized serving of protein (more if it's eggs), 1-3 cups of veggies, two thumb sized portions of fat/half an avocado/handful of olives. These amounts are the minimum recommended amount. If you find you can't eat all of it at one meal, wrap up the rest and take it with you and try again in an hour or two.

It's important to eat within an hour of waking in the morning too. This should help get your hunger on track. 

Archived