Worcestershire Sauce

decker_bear

One of my favorite ways to eat eggs is to hard boil them, then add some red wine vinegar and worcestershire sauce to the yolk, salt and eat. So good. Sadly my worcestershire sauce is not compliant. I tried coconut aminos and it's just not the same. Anyone have a similar compliant condiment - or even better, a compliant brand of worcestershire sauce? 

Just now, SchrodingersCat said:

Sadly not, because the main ingredient in proper worcestershire   is molasses. I've tried a few recipes which kinda do the job, but as someone who loves it, I'm yet to find a good replacement.

So sad, that must be why it tastes so good. :ph34r: I'm gonna try the recipe that kirbz posted - that one actually looks pretty good! I'll check back in and let you know how it is. 

27 minutes ago, kirbz said:

I don't believe there is a compliant pre-made worcestershire  sauce out there. However, there are recipes to make your own. Here's one: https://iheartumami.com/paleo-worcestershire-sauce-hamburger-steak/ (though please note that I have not tried it). Best of luck! I hope you find something you like! 

That recipe looks pretty decent actually! I'm gonna give it a shot. Can't hurt, right? Worst case, I'm out some tomato paste and spices. :wacko: Thanks for the suggestion! 

Just now, SchrodingersCat said:

Please do! I'd love a replacement, I want to make oysters kilpatrick!

I don't know what that is, but I love worcestershire sauce and I love oysters so it's gotta be legit. B) I actually have everything it calls for so yippeeeee!!!! 

On 9/2/2020 at 4:30 PM, SchrodingersCat said:

Please do! I'd love a replacement, I want to make oysters kilpatrick!

Schrody ... I made this sauce today. It was tasty, and it was good on eggs, but Worcestershire sauce it was not. :( It was very thick, probably because of so much tomato paste. To be fair, it called for beef stock and I only had chicken, but that would only affect the flavor, not the texture. I may try it again at some point and use way less tomato paste to see if that helps. 

40 minutes ago, decker_bear said:

Schrody ... I made this sauce today. It was tasty, and it was good on eggs, but Worcestershire sauce it was not. :( It was very thick, probably because of so much tomato paste. To be fair, it called for beef stock and I only had chicken, but that would only affect the flavor, not the texture. I may try it again at some point and use way less tomato paste to see if that helps. 

Thanks for letting me know! I might give it a go, even if it doesn't taste right, the combo appeals to me, more like an HP type sauce!

Archived